MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been enjoying the climate control on my 02 CDT last couple of days. It's the first car I've owned with anything other than 'normal' heater & fan blower.

With it set on low both sides I am getting a nice cool blast, but not 'ice cold' is this normal or should I have goosebumps on the lowest setting?

Still not quite sussed the bypass knob either.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
mine gives goose bump, but i find it works better at low fan speeds, the by pas nob work as in , if you tirn it towrds the blue it pulls fresh air straight from out side into the car via the centre 2 face vents , regardless what setting you have the heater air con on etc it will be fresh air , turned to the white its linked to the sytem and works as per normal
hth

·
Registered
243 Posts
i presume you have climate control and not just air con?
if thats the case...turn temp down to low...then switch both auto and econ buttons off ...you will then get ice cold air :)...enjoy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yes I believe that I have climate control as there are separate electronic temp controls for both sides of the car and has econ/auto settings too.

·
Registered
836 Posts
IF you put the CC on LOW and the air recirculation comes on automatically it can take a while for it to cool down the warm air inside the car...

Open the fron't windows about ½ an inch for the first 5 minutes to let it force the hot air out... then close them... it will get frosty cold !!! Great Aircon system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts