MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if they are stopping MG Rover sales, but today's local paper has a spread "Clemo - Cleckheaton's new Fiat dealer" with a list of models and prices.

I drove past clemo and still looks same as ever, big MGR signs - no sign of Fiat?

They could just be multi-franchising - but I can't imagine where they'll put the cars - it's a modern showroom but only small.

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A further point:

This means that CityRover (£6495) now shares the same showroom space with Panda (£6295) and Charade (£5495)

So me thinks Clemo will not sell anymore CityRovers!

E

·
0 Posts
I was in Clemo the other day and they are taking on Fiat Service and Parts. Not sales.

Clemo do like to pretend that they have the sales franchises for Citroen and Fiat but they don't!

Mind you in due course they could as the nearest Fiat outlet is next to the former Rover showroom in Halifax, the Bradford FIAT showroom having closed late last year/early this.

What puzzles me is why don't Gledhills of Ossett take on the MG Rover servicing franchise and why don't Clemo add to the Wright Ford site at the other end of Cleckheaton

E

·
0 Posts
Yea but the price of the CityRover is to drop at the end of the month by £1000 to £5494 so the dealers could sell them at £4995

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
e668ecp said:
why don't Clemo add to the Wright Ford site at the other end of Cleckheaton
The Wright site is a bit small which is why they moved Rover from their a few years ago (before they knew what was coming)

The Clemo site has grown and grown but most of it is backshop space, leaving the Showroom to look a little small in comparison.

They may say they havent got a sales franchise, but their half page ad suggests that they do - in any event it's obviously a precursor to having one anyway. Rover servicing cannot be on the decline even if sales are, so I would have thought they would have wanted sales income not servicing.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
cityrover said:
They may say they havent got a sales franchise, but their half page ad suggests that they do - in any event it's obviously a precursor to having one anyway. Rover servicing cannot be on the decline even if sales are, so I would have thought they would have wanted sales income not servicing.
According to the Fiat website, it says that it is a "Aftersales Dealer - for parts and servicing only".

Having said that, who knows whether the Fiat website is up to date or not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Clemo, Cleckheaton are now a Fiat dealer, but they are also continuing with MG Rover. Visited the showroom and they had a range of Fiats inside along with Rovers and MGs. However, no Daihatsus were inside although some were out on the forecourt. Not surprising that Clemo have taken on Fiat as dealers are thin on the ground in the area since the old Thornton Motors group dealerships disappered some time ago. Clemo will also supply new Citroens but face stiff competion form the very close Dixon's at Birstall and Reg Vardy in Leeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts