MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on another forum in relation to a van I have (Suzuki Carry) and someone had posted about the Clear Air Zones and would the van be exempt in 2023...having not heard of this I did a google and put my reg for my MGF 75th anniversary, my 1996 F and my 2002 TF160 to check.... results are below...no going to Birmingham for me in the F's or TF160, however; my 2003 135 seemed to be ok with no charges (currently). Appears most local authorities will be adopting this over the next few years..seems like another way of getting older cars off the roads. More info here if you've not heard about it Clean Air Zones

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Number

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
We might not be over the moon about plans like this Dert, but sadly the bigger picture means that we just have to take such action.

There will always be a place for older cars, but unfortunately these will gradually become few and far between - perhaps eventually only in museums...

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,872 Posts
I was in Bath earlier in the ZT. I did a U turn before entering the CAZ, and took another route, as I wasn't sure of the ZTs status. Came up as no-charge when I checked later :)

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
A friend of mine owns a 2013 Jag with a 4.2 Ltr engine, which is is allowed in the London congestion zone for free.

His Daughter has a 2016 Astra Diesel that she has to pay for...

Go figure!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My Mum lives in Bath still and will be there in three weeks. With Swiss plates, best of luck to the authorities tracking me down although I normally walk into Bath centre rather than drive-in as parking is a pain there.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
I don't know if other cities are the same but I know the ULEZ has a rolling 40 year limit where cars over that age are exempt ...so theres an incentive to keep the cars on the road for another 20 or so... :)

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I don't know if other cities are the same but I know the ULEZ has a rolling 40 year limit where cars over that age are exempt ...so theres an incentive to keep the cars on the road for another 20 or so... :)
My Cavalier Coupe was made in 1979, so happy days 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts