MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have cleaned the PCV valve assembly on my R75 CDT today, by following the ' How to' methods in the ' other forum' as well the description given by Ron in his web site.

One thing worries me however, and as such I would be grateful of any comment.
In the Haynes manual, they refer to injector return pipe seals, requiring replacing once the return pipes are disconnected to make way for lifting out the PCV valve, I was not able to see any such seals, just removed the spings and gently lifted up the T junction and moved it over to make room, then reconnected, is this OK?

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
thats all that I did. I cleaned mine about 2 months back and havent had any seal problems. You should be fine.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
In an ideal world any seal should be replaced when it is disturbed - but I've reused many - you'll be just fine.

Did you manage to take any photos while you did the job?

·
Registered
480 Posts
if youve done high miles, replace all the return pipework back to the block.. 3 or 4 sep sections... as the PCV disturbance can cause massive sudden fuel loss... when you least expect it, like at high speed.
not expensive... AA man did mine...

scary experience though

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments guys, and re assurance, however, as I said before, I did not see any seals, where are they located on the T pieces themselves, are they very small, what are they made of, and have we got a part no. for replacing, I am just very worried following Pondweed's experience
thanks.
Pondweed what exactly deteriorated was it the pipes themselves ot the seals?

·
Registered
480 Posts
159,000 miles! 2002 car.
pipes.... internal rubber gets brittle (and thus moving them for pcv... not good news!)
the seals I presume are the tiny rubber rings on the male ends of the return feeds? you'd probably notice if these broke when you pulled off the pipes, but not sure....

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Injector leak back pipework failing and leaking fuel all over the hot engine is a common failure on many diesel engines.

Aslong as the pipework is is good crack-free condition, you'll be fine.

Available from any good workshop. I probably have some here!

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank once again, I have a 2002 CDT, with only 26500 miles on clock, I believe the pipes are in good condition, from what I can seen, and I was not aware of any seals broken at the time. So time will tel, I would like to replace then however to be certain, where do I get these from?
Thanks very much,
Mario

1 - 8 of 8 Posts