MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new alloys on for a few weeks now, and they were absolutly filthy, just been down the jet wash and washed them (with the rest of the car), and got most of the dirt off, but they dont seem as shiny. What do ppl recommend as regards to cleaning alloy wheels, anything I can put on then to stop them getting so dirty so quickly?

ta :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
theys not much mate, i wouldnt use some of those cleaners as they could actually end up damaging the finish of the alloys, just keep a day to clean um by hand, with warm soapy water.

sadly with brake pads and the current weather around that area its gonna be hell to keep um spotless.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just talked to a friend of mine....he said he used to wax his alloys, like with heavy wax, as it keep the dirt from really sticking and makes cleaning um easyier, BUT! he said to always test on a small area first since some waxes again. could do bad things to the alloy finish.

just a thought.

·
Registered
989 Posts
rover 25s/200s and 45s/400s get breke dust on them and it and it stains the alloys black. the only thing u can do is clean them regularly

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Auto Glym keeps em rather tasty and easy to clean when you spray that stuff on, then also the anti brakedust thing.

This time of year its a battle that cant be won im afraid!

P.s...get a bucket and a sponge and do it at home!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I agree with Shuntis. Its wonder wheels all the way for me.

If its recommended by Aston Martin and Wolfrace, then it's good enough for me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts