MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
about 68 i seam to think including the unfinished ones and the prototypes etc , so youll have to join the cue - and im in front of you LOL

·
Registered
196 Posts
when i was at beaulieu the other weekend on the way home an SV came past us it was a jaw dropping moment.I will wait a few yrs and get a cheap SV....

Download

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sorry but the sv was way overpriced & a total waste of time.The money spent on developing it should have been put into the replacment for the old 200/400/ZR/ZS,if they had would things be different today ?.MG/Rover didn't have the cash to waste on an over priced car few were ever going to buy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure it would of cost a lot more to save MG Rover than what they would of saved by not producing the SV.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
Sorry but the sv was way overpriced & a total waste of time.The money spent on developing it should have been put into the replacment for the old 200/400/ZR/ZS,if they had would things be different today ?.MG/Rover didn't have the cash to waste on an over priced car few were ever going to buy.
But still im sure you wouldn't turn one down!?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
What killed the SV was giving an incomplete car to JC and TG to drive.

Who in their right minds sends an unfinished car that had a known gearbox problem, a dirty interior and smelt of leaking oil to TG to test drive are review.

No wonder TG weren't able to be 100% behind it because if the factory shows them so much contempt, how much contempt will they show to prospective customers?

I would love to know if anyone got the sack over presenting a substandard product to TG.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Something German? Plenty of options there... all pretty much far too common for my tastes (given the chance to be so lucky to be able to buy anything of this calibre!!!).

The SV is something out of the box and I like it for that. It's also the reason I like TVRs. Catering for the non-sheep amongst those affluent enough to buy such great cars. Shame most of those affluent enough are sheep!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Brilliant car. If only they could have made it a bit cheaper. Like £50,000 with 500bhp it could have sold well. And lets face it, it doesnt make you boring and predictable like a german motor does.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
garlum said:
The SV is something out of the box and I like it for that. It's also the reason I like TVRs. Catering for the non-sheep amongst those affluent enough to buy such great cars. Shame most of those affluent enough are sheep!
Well said, I love TVR's too. I can always tell a TVR is coming up the road due to the amazing engine roar, I would love to own one some day.

garlum said:
Like £50,000 with 500bhp it could have sold well.
MG offered a version with 1000BHP!!! Not sure how much extra this cost though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok.... let say another way

I saw the clip with JC and the SV... and i started to drul..at the SV. Why you maybe asking. it wasnt even complete it stank of oil and the interia was crap and it over priced. All i can say to that is SO WHAT you dont look at the interia when you driving something like that. you look at some of the other sports cars and they dont have no capets, no SAT NAV and you pay half a million for the plesure. and i can name one Bucati VERON.
If the money had been spent on that car JC would have bought that instead of that Ford truck.....oopppps GT40...that breaks down at a sneeze.
I would have had one

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Saw one near Wolverhampton yesterday and nearly wet myself. It was in either black or very dark blue on an 04 plate with the optional spoiler. Hell of a motor. Only the second one I've seen on the road. First one was in Shrewsbury in red (similar to nightfire - or maybe it was). Shame they charged so much for it - £50k would've seen them sell better. A future classic I'm sure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts