MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi got a prob wiv brakes on mgzr 1.8 160 .
when im braking i get a vibration thru my pedal its not the abs.
ive had car checked breaks were dirty & abs sensors were but evrthing got cleaned up.
But wen i took it away it still did its not constsant it makes a noise .

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
warped discs prob.

or have u had the wheels off lately???? they can warp too if not re-fitted correctly.......try swapping the rears onto the front and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not worped discs the vibration is cumin from the foot pedal we have swapped the wheels round.
its like something is touching the side.
It has been to the garage for a 2nd look & the man at the garage sed the discs are fine any otha suggestions.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
On the outer end of the cv joint is where you can find it.It is a ring of "teeth" where the abs sensor picks up its reading from. They are known for cracking or the teeth to get damaged making the abs system throw a wobbly not knowing if abs is required at a given point or not.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
lates said:
Can you explain this please ?
Come on Lates you know as well as I do that's a fallacy. Brake judder or what is commonly called warped discs is infact irregularities on the disc surface. This is caused by the brakes overheating to form cementite on the surface of the disc.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Wether it is caused by cementite or run out the final result is still the same, Excessive run out on the dti gauge with one easy solution - throw them away and fit new.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
lates said:
Wether it is caused by cementite or run out the final result is still the same, Excessive run out on the dti gauge with one easy solution - throw them away and fit new.
I'll agree on that one....:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah that reluctor ring makes sense but when my mechanic drove it if you can call him that he sed the abs box was buzzing but no light come on the dash to say abs aint working.
oh and the discs are fine but if you would like to buy me new 1s you can !!!ha ha :)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
claires wheels said:
yeah that reluctor ring makes sense but when my mechanic drove it if you can call him that he sed the abs box was buzzing but no light come on the dash to say abs aint working.
oh and the discs are fine but if you would like to buy me new 1s you can !!!ha ha :)
If it is a cracked reluctor ring the ABS will cut in (pedal vibrates), but no lights are displayed on the dash.

If it happens a lot, remove the ABS fuse and try it on a car park.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Expensive to get fixed ?? Oooo MMmmmm possibly maybe - still for sale :dddc:

Only playing with you sorry, If it is a reluctor ring then a straight forward cv joint change will rectify. Not overly pricey.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh well thats ok i need a new exhaust system to im thinking about gettin a sport system but i think my car has got enuf vummm init its a 1.8 160 not bad for standard would you get a sport one on yours.the price looks gd till they add v.a.t bloody thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts