MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Citroën C4 – 2006 World Car Design of the Year

Citroën’s popular C4 has been voted 2006 World Car Design of the Year, at the New York International Auto Show, in acknowledgement of the way it has helped to push the established boundaries of innovation and style.

From a shortlist of 27 vehicles, the judging panel of The World Car of the Year Awards in Manhattan gave the Citroën C4 top honours, ahead of the BMW 3-Series and the Honda Civic.

Key to its success was the innovation that Citroën has displayed in creating a design that enabled two distinct body styles, coupé and 5-door, to be built on the same platform. The model’s aerodynamics, which the Award’s organisers recognised as a traditional cornerstone of Citroën’s character, also played a role.

The C4’s interior also captured the imagination of the judging panel with the debut of Citroën’s innovative fixed hub steering wheel.

This major International Award complements a long list of accolades that the C4 has already received, including Best hatchback from both Top Gear and Diesel Car magazines as well as British Car of the Year from Auto Express readers. It has also won a brace of awards in the British Insurance Car Security Awards.

(Courtesy of Citroen UK)

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Yay!

It is undoubtedly the most striking in its class, with the astra (particularly in sport hatch form) in second.

The C6 should get the next set of world awards, whenever they will be and whoever they are issued by.

well deserved I say.:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice to hear something positive about a PSA car for a change. It sure is a nice car though and deserves to win something. I agree though about the C6. I should be having my test drive soon.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
they're right its a very interesting and daring design......especially compared to the boring old 3-series that managed to get 2nd!!!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
AndBurG said:
they're right its a very interesting and daring design......especially compared to the boring old 3-series that managed to get 2nd!!!
The BMW3 got 2nd????

WHAT???? It's blander than MDF

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit the New 3 series should have been called the BMW Magnolia, or the BMW Anonymous or something.

It truely is a dull looking thing.

I mean, all the other BM's are ugly, but at least they are different (The 5 series isnt two bad).

The 1 and 6 series are just appaling looking things.

My next door neighbours mother has just bought a brand new 116i (lowest of the low I believe). Now how much is that, £16k. Why buy a poverty spec BM when you can buy better for less???

(Thats a rehtorical question by the way!!!)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mike200SEi said:
I must admit the New 3 series should have been called the BMW Magnolia, or the BMW Anonymous or something.

It truely is a dull looking thing.

I mean, all the other BM's are ugly, but at least they are different (The 5 series isnt two bad).

The 1 and 6 series are just appaling looking things.

My next door neighbours mother has just bought a brand new 116i (lowest of the low I believe). Now how much is that, £16k. Why buy a poverty spec BM when you can buy better for less???

(Thats a rehtorical question by the way!!!)
I wouldn't say all the other BMs are ugly, I quite like the 6 and the new 3 coupe, though I hate the 1...lol

As for that woman getting a 116i, she just wants to be seen in a BMW, badge badge badge!!! just imagine what you can have for 16K...

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
The only current BMW I like is the 6 series. In fact to be honest I have never been a big BMW fan. The 1 and Z4 have proportions which are far too ridiculous - the latter's front looks wider than the rear!

·
Registered
mg_zt
494 Posts
The C4 may be smart looking but is rubbish build quality. I got one as a hire car and it was so tinny and badly put together. The passanger door would not shut properly. Usual Citroen stuff. We handed it back and got an Astra estate instead which was built like a tank but suffers from silly controls like push up/down indicators which don't self correct properly and self wipers that don't wipe when it rains.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sunbeam Man said:
The C4 may be smart looking but is rubbish build quality. I got one as a hire car and it was so tinny and badly put together. The passanger door would not shut properly. Usual Citroen stuff. We handed it back and got an Astra estate instead which was built like a tank but suffers from silly controls like push up/down indicators which don't self correct properly and self wipers that don't wipe when it rains.
How strange indeed, mine feels solid, is well built, well put together and all doors shut properly!

me think you were in a Citroen AX :D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
CitroenC4 said:
Well the Toyota Prius was voted the 2004 European car of the year...

It's about cars sold in Britain, not only british cars
So being designed in France, built in France, from French steel and plastic, (lots of plastic) by French workers in a French factory from components supplied mostly by French companies, by a manufacturer based in France to whom all the profits accrue qualifies it as British Car of the Year ????:doh:

Since there aren't any British cars in contention I suppose it would be asking too much for a British car to be winner of British Car of the Year. It wouldn't be so fecking stupid if they called it Best Car of the Year, or Best Foreign Car of the Year!!!

Just understand C4, I don't really care if France beats us at Football, I'd be happy for France if they win the World Cup, but when it comes to being thoroughly, humiliatingly put to the sword by your competitors at something really, really strategically important to this country like making cars one can get a bit touchy.

If France do win the World Cup will some Troll want to vote them the best British team in the event because you can buy the team shirt over here?:banghead:

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sunbeam Man said:
Mine is solid as a rock.

Its not tinny at all, it actually insulates you from engine and road noise really well, possibly the quietest car Ive ever been in.

You must have had an early one or something.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My C4 is as solid as a rock. I agree with Mike though that it is very quiet. I can't comment on the diesel's but on the petrol models there is no vibration at all when the engine is running and with the climate off you can hardly tell the engine is on. A great car and looks a gourgeous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts