MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been looking at photos of the new Peugeot / Citroen / Toyota joint venture small car. The Citroen version, called the C1, looks strangely familiar. Remember the excellent Mini Spiritual concept car created at Gaydon? I think perhaps the French do!

See for yourself:

Look at the high headlamps, pug nose and pronouced wheel arches in particular. I'm sure it's just coincedence but there's certainly some resemblance in my eyes.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
What I want to know is, what is this sector of the market to be called? City car? But when city cars grow to be the same size as super-minis are now, and manufacturers decide we need a new sector to slot in below the city car sector, what will that be called?

Do we really need this many different sizes of car?

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
king arthur said:
What I want to know is, what is this sector of the market to be called? City car? But when city cars grow to be the same size as super-minis are now, and manufacturers decide we need a new sector to slot in below the city car sector, what will that be called?

Do we really need this many different sizes of car?
New segment just for the British : Hamlet-Car

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bloody hell you're right. Another ripoff of UK desgn.

The Latest max thing from BMW looks like the Rover TCV at the back.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
598 Posts
I cannot believe any car company can manufacture a car in a factory that has nothing to do with the main brand, in a country with low manufacturing costs, badge it up and sell it as one of their own.

:idea: Perhaps MG-Rover could do that :doh: perhaps I am too late

1 - 11 of 11 Posts