MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason out of the blue my ciggerete lighter socket isn't working, found out yesterday

anyone have any ideas? mayb a loose connection in the back?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Second thing I would check would be the wiring in the centre tunnel. (See below for 1st thing. ;) )

Pop out your ash tray and gearstick gaitor and this should give you plenty of room to see if everything is connected properly.

If it is, then it may just be that the lighter itself has seen better days.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Mine went kapput after running sat nav and stuff on it, turned out to be the fuse, as Sharky said, go for the easy ones first. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I second the fuse option. Mine seriously goes pop about every third time I use the lighter :err:

Erm... so I don't use it any more. Simple :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i did try a device in the car and then tried it in another car. device worked fine. i will check the fuse tomorrow that's a good start! =)

the socket has been used for smoking etc in the past and dust may have gotten into it. but trhank you all for the responses , as this is vital for me in the car! =) cheers guys ill let you know what it is

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup was the fuse thanx for telling me which one it was sharky i would have been very puzzled looking at all those fuses.
:run!:
you know the set of fuses to the left of the big tray of them. are they spares? as when feeling behind them it didn't look like it was connected to anything

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Cyer_ricki said:
yup was the fuse thanx for telling me which one it was sharky i would have been very puzzled looking at all those fuses.
:run!:
you know the set of fuses to the left of the big tray of them. are they spares? as when feeling behind them it didn't look like it was connected to anything
Yep they are spare, and the black 'U' shaped thing is a fuse removing tool if you didnt know that.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i acutaly went out and bought a fuse

on my return i relised "hold on, the left side doesn't have any connections behind it" :doh:

o well! their there for next time!

·
Registered
627 Posts
This may be a silly question ........ jold on, it IS a silly question, but where are the fuse boxes located?

Are they in the normal place near the accelerator pedal or somewhere else, as mine is all covered up.

Im looking in particular for Fuses 15 and 17. Any idea's?

Cheers.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,474 Posts
The main fuse box is behind a panel below the steering wheel, you will see two plastic bolts that can be turned using a coin.

Edit: I have just seen that under you name you drive a “Bubble Shape” 200 in that case I :dunno:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cheers Chris

Whilst searching for the fuse box in the normal place i did actually see a panel underneath the steering wheel and it did indeed have 2 plastic screws on it which could be turned by a coin etc.

Me thinks the fuse box WILL indeed be back there. Will let you know if it isnt.

Cheers mate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts