MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their cigarette lighter. I noticed mine was all broken inside and wasnt working so I completely replaced the unit and popped in a new fuse as last one was blown but nothing it still wont work?????

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers

Chrystal

·
Formerly StationMiek
504 Posts
First thing is to get yourself an electrical tester (the one with the dial and two probes) - they sell these in B&Q for 7 quid. Put the red probe in the middle of the socket (inside) and the other on the metal on the outside. You should get a reading of 12v.

If you want to check the wiring, take the ashtray out and fiddle about underneath. Have you plugged the plugs back on, there are two.

If not, I'll get the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Just a silly question (please don't take offence) but you do know that the F ciggie socket is switched with ignition? The TF is perma live.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
from the diagram ciggy lighter is ingition on to function

how many fuses did you check?
I would check all fuses under dashboard and the bonnet ones too while your at it.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Mine stopped working recently and found one of the wires at the base had broken, just the matter of a quick re solder and power once more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts