MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday 26 January is new years day, the year of the Ox and the MG6...

The same platform with the Roewe 550, the MG MG6 will be listed at the end of year

http://auto.zj.com/detail/1060879.html

MG by Nanjing Automobile after the acquisition, one after another in the domestic introduced two models MG 7 and MG 3SW, but as a result of these models are models of the last century, while the South Steam is almost no improvement on, of the introduction of natural from consumers, the monthly sales of only a few hundred units. NAC has been on the period after the acquisition to begin to inject new blood for its future range of MG models will be built from SAIC their own brands - Roewe.

MG brand was acquired after the first real new car will be a platform based on the Roewe 550 hatchback models - MG MG6, is expected to appear in April at this year's Shanghai auto show a debut. At present that information, MG MG6 will enter the European market, with the VW Golf, Ford Focus, Opel Astra, such as at the same level, but the domestic version with foreign version will be differences in the versions will be abroad will retain many of the British plant design elements. Domestic version of the price with the Roewe 550 similar expected 120,000 -17 million, is expected to be listed on the end of this year.

The effect can be seen from the chart, hatchback MG MG6 lasted Roewe 550 sedan version of the majority of body structure models, and to take part at the rear of the C column structure and rear window of the big changes to the smallest angle hatchback design . This is consistent with Ford Focus modeling approach is very close to the design not only reduces costs, but also achieved without destroying the original model of the body smooth curve. This revised MG hatchback shape MG6 side remains popular in Europe throughout the body design of the overall high waistline so that it is full of dynamism. To replace the rear door hatchback rear luggage compartment did not appear because of unexpected changes. The former face shape, the basic hatchback MG MG6 Roewe 550 set to maintain the arrangement, but the front bumper and grille design of the intake is on an entirely new look. Roewe 550 relatively stable before too face shape, the hatchback MG MG6 showed more sporty side, and also very good to deal with the details of the MG brand to retain the classic design elements.

Rear styling, hatchback MG MG6 pay more attention to portray a sense of movement, but in the rear door and tail shapes to deal with the new Mazda 2 is very similar. Generally speaking, the Roewe 550 based on the development of MG MG6 has exposed a few years ago, code-named R & D vehicles in RDX60 style has a very big distinction, but from prominent fender brush also can be seen faintly RDX60 out on the impact of this hatchback models. Not only that, but next year Roewe 550 hatchback version will appear, they are sharing a lot of design, the Roewe 550 hatchback with MG MG6 the appearance will be very similar.

MG is expected to MG6 Roewe 550 power system and the same will be equipped with 1.8 DVVT developed 1.8T turbocharged engines and engine. Engine 1.8L DVVT Rover from SAIC in 1.8 liters engine 18K4F basis, the increase in variable valve timing system DVVT improved 1.8 DVVT naturally aspirated engine will no doubt appear in the name Grand MG6 the driving force configuration. Has been used for MG ZR, Rover 45,75 variety of models, such as Rover 18K4F engines, its maximum power 86kw/5500rpm and maximum torque 160Nm/2500rpm, despite the driving force on and there is no surprises. However, this all-aluminum engine in the match DVVT the current mainstream technology, can stimulate the potential of is inestimable.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
So basically the MG6 will be publicly aired in April, and as thought will be a 550 with a new nose and a hatchback. Engines are what was expected, i.e 4 cylinder K/N series but sadly no mention of KV6 power. We know the KV6 will fit as the 550/6 is a modified 75/ZT, so I am hoping we might see a "GT" version with a KV6 at some point. Fingers crossed. A bit more power would be nice too as I was thinking of replacing the ZS with a 6 when its available, but the 6 is probably quite a bit heavier, and I don't really want to lose any performance. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a properly sorted factory supercharger option.

·
Registered
rover_25
39 Posts
6 cilinder NA engines is a nonsense nowadays in this hatchbacks. BMW with their 1.3T will hit 180hp, and SAIC are developing a new 1.5T. Even the 1.8T K Series is an old-transition engine to a new direct injection small turbocharged engines that will fit all the range. Or thats at least what I think they should do for the european market!

·
Registered
rover_100
648 Posts
Windy a few questions maybe you can answer them ?

Do know how many new MG's were sold in China in 2008 ?

As far as I understand there will be no MG6 sedan ? Why ?

Any news about a diesel engine for the 6 ?

April thats very soon hope it looks spot on !

·
Registered
36,558 Posts
6 cilinder NA engines is a nonsense nowadays in this hatchbacks. BMW with their 1.3T will hit 180hp, and SAIC are developing a new 1.5T. Even the 1.8T K Series is an old-transition engine to a new direct injection small turbocharged engines that will fit all the range. Or thats at least what I think they should do for the european market!
Forget the KV6, Small capacity with a turbo is the way forward for petrol at present. However without a range of good diesels in Europe they will be wasting their time and money.
the 1.4 VW engine with a turbo and a supercharger has 200bhp in the GTi...

I can't help thinking we're back to the days of ludicrous tax-driven specs like the Rover 2300 which IIRC had worse performance AND economy than the 2600 but was taxed far less in certain markets. And wasn't the 2000 they eventually introduced specially for Italy? was that a turbodiesel?

I know that one Volvo engine officially emits 119g CO2/km, coincidentally one below a threshold. What happens when you get the blowers working is uninteresting for CO2...

...but what if all these belts and pulleys start playing up when the car is five years old? What is the maintenance régime?

In Germany, diesel is so cheap as a sop to the hauliers which means that road tax is higher for diesels. Although diesel market share has been falling, it's been just under half...

I'm looking forward to seeing the MG6, or was that it disguised with the numberplate "MG6" and 48 watermarks? :lol:

I'm looking

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windy a few questions maybe you can answer them ?

Do know how many new MG's were sold in China in 2008 ?

As far as I understand there will be no MG6 sedan ? Why ?

Any news about a diesel engine for the 6 ?

April thats very soon hope it looks spot on !
I think the profits are currently comming from the Nanjing Fiat factory - "In October, monthly production of more than 10,000 units" - it only started production in June! (Not making Fiats obviously.)

Currently there is little info on the MG6, most is speculation based on the Auto Express photoshop images. It is expected on show in April and on sale begining of November.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I realise that the KV6 is old tech, but I'm looking at what is available to them now, and if they really are launching this year its highly unlikely that they'll have a new range of engines ready in time.
A sports hatch that manages 0-60 in ten seconds will be all the cannon fodder the press will need with the current K series they seem to be pinning absolutely everything on.

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
the choice of engines will be based on what part of the market they aim the car at.
iam guessing these days the market for v6 engine in a focus sized car is pretty limited especialy due to road tax issues etc.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Noce to see them marking MG's 85th anniversary. Be interested to see what makes them different from the regular cars. Should see some news of the TF 85 too, soon.
Good to see your recongnised the significance of the 85 :) "Passion Lives On"

Keith was obviously correct:
Keith Harris said:
I don’t expect you need me to remind you that 2009 is the 85th anniversary of MG! Watch this space…….
Keith Harris
Customer Relations Manager

1 - 20 of 24 Posts