MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 214SLi (L Reg) 90K on the clock.

This morning I was out when I noticed the temperature gauge rising rapidly. I have obviously got a leak somewhere.

What is the best way to fill the bottle? I filled it with the engine running, but the water came back and overflowed. I thought if I filled it with it running it would get rid of any airblocks there may be in the system, or is it best to fill and check with the engine off?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
its good that u attempted to fill the bottle again, this would have helped to cool the engine. Shouldnt do it while its running tho. You have a leak somewhere and this should be youre priority to fix first before everything else

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With what should I fix it dear Lyza dear Lyza with what should I fix it dear lyza with what?

Seriously, when i find the leak is it worth using these things you pour into the system to block up small holes? I'm not working and money is VERY tight and I need something cheap and effective that will tied me over for a bit till I can pay for it to be done properly.

Ta muchly for tha' 'elp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.