MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike200SEi said:
Thats gorgeous. I dont think it needs lowering at all. What do you reckon, a personal plate???
I beg to differ! Good point bout the plate, although you cant put plates on cars that make them younger than what they are, an you?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Matt, it dont need lowering, put your glasses on mate, it looks fine.

Dont know about the plates though, dont see why you cant though!!!

By the way, check the side repeater thread, sorry, cant buy em off of ya.

Sorry.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glasses are on mate! ;) , it needs lowering! Big gap in the arches! Its cool bout the lights. :bgrin2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Plates - It is illegal to put plates on that indicate your car is newer than it actually is.

For example if you have say a P reg car you are by law only allowed to use plates upto and including the P plate. Anything after this is illegal.

HTH

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thort so. Looks like a conversion then. Mind you, id rather have the 200's lights than the MK1 ZR lights.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Matt said:
Thort so. Looks like a conversion then. Mind you, id rather have the 200's lights than the MK1 ZR lights.
Nah, i prefer my round lights I think it goes very well with the bumper and gives it more of an aggressive look.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, 200 lights look meaner, although i think i prefere the lower part of the ZR's bumper. Someone did a photochop of a ZR with 200 lights, looked good! :cool:

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
that car is very odd i cant see the point in replaceing the mk2 ZR front and rear end just to make it look like a 200 but that must be the reason unless SnR have use a 200 thats been liying around longbridge since they swiched to the 25

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
Matt said:
Nah, 200 lights look meaner, although i think i prefere the lower part of the ZR's bumper. Someone did a photochop of a ZR with 200 lights, looked good! :cool:
agree with you there matey, the mk3 looks more aggressive

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, can understand the Xpower ones, just not the MG ones :iwstupid: Probably couldnt be arsed to make Rover-Xpower graphics! :bgrin:

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
if they are useing that to show ideas for 200 coustomers why cant they get some nice new head lights made up they would sell a lot of them

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
They've got that spoiler extension I posted about earlier today - can't quite tell what I think about it. Close up it looks stupid, but then again... :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
car looks nice, some good ideas on it, however, I cannot see the point in MG stickers all over a blatent Rover, looks silly TBH,

As for the plate, if a car has been 'Q' registered, then it is possible (i believe) that after a year of Q plate registration to then apply for a new plate to be issued to the car, this is what I believe has occurred here!

Nice none the less, sometimes I wish I had just repaired my 200 rather than converted, and other days I am glad I converted!

Problem now is, I am looking away from Rover, I have recently (shhhhhh) been looking at Audi A3, VW Golf etc etc, I think its something to do with my Mrs having a golf, we are doing her golf up at the mo, new alloys, lowered etc etc, but cannot for the life of me find anywhere decent to buy alloys TBH, found lots we like, but just none at right price

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Liamm83 said:
They've got that spoiler extension I posted about earlier today - can't quite tell what I think about it. Close up it looks stupid, but then again... :)
the extension looks good in photos but IMO I think it makes a nice spoiler look more like these ironing boards on the majority of C8rsas and S*xos etc

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Those rear drums really shouldn't be advertised like that :lol:

If you Wanna lower it further.. I'd get Airride on it :p Cause it really does look like a good height as it is.. for everday driving anyways. :eyes:

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Liamm83 said:
Yeah, its what i found it 4. I like it, although i dont think it suits the mk2 style spoiler.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts