MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods so far on my 400 1.4
lowerd 40mm, front strutbrace, 5" backbox, debadged grill, front splitters, colour coded bump strips and side skirts, K+N in the post shud be fitted on tuesday cant wait!!! let me know what you think

ta

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Your cam lens needs a wipe fella lol

Very nice, although I don't really like white cars as mods on them for some reason look chavy (although thats just my opinion) but yours are subtle. I know the whole deal with lexarse lights but have you thought about the smoked ones? reckon they would look ok.

Anyway, good work though.

Sean

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Looking good, not sure about the front corner splitters though. I'd be ditching that 400 badge on the back too, but thats just me.

Nice rocker cover. Is the K+N an open cone or panel filter, if a Cone you'll be wanting to make an enclosure for it and a good cold feed or it'll lose you bhp.

Rik

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
The splitters don't suit the car, get a ZS 180 splitter/bib. The ones fitted just don't make the car, but that is just me though, sorry! Otherwise fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mate, do yourself a favour and ditch the splitters. also de-badge and i gotta say i hate the sun strip as well. when u get ya K&N it will make it sound great. i got one on mine and it gives it that little purr. forget about the cold air intake-it just melts after time off the engine heat and it makes no difference.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
You might try colour coding the skirts and splitters.
i thought it was just my monitor - they are different shades of white ain't they :dunno:

if you want ideas on how to make a 400 look good see if a user called "Tad" has posted any pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
if you like your splitters, at least mount them correctly, they're too far out and they're not the same white as your car.
also if you're going for a sporty look, get rid of the chrome parts.

I was thinking about adding corner splitters to my car, but now it doesn't seem like a good idea anymore :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
if you like splitters, at least mount them correctly, they're too far out and they're not the same white as your car.
also if you're going for a sporty look, get rid of the chrome parts.
I was thinking of adding corner splitters to my car, but now it doesn't seem like a good idea anymore :)
talk of the devil!

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
111 Posts
Looks good apart from the corner bits.....I like the lowering and the spoiler! Where's the spoiler from? I was plannin on polishin the top of my engine like that as well, I've got the 2.0 one, but looks very similar from the top

Think I agree with Cap'n ZS about the strut brace, the 400 is a rock solid handling car, do you notice a huge benefit from the strut brace?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts