MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

If there were ever a money making opportunity for selling Rover parts, surely now is the time!

For example, when looking for a R75 cooling fan, the competition between suppliers is zero, which can't be healthy.

I've seen the price of a fan (from the single supplier) go up from £159...to £189...to £199...and now the latest is "buy it now" on ebay for £249!

If only someone would come along to undercut current prices (even slightly) then the market for these parts would be a lot healthier.

Best Wishes

Shaun

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi all,

If there were ever a money making opportunity for selling Rover parts, surely now is the time!

For example, when looking for a R75 cooling fan, the competition between suppliers is zero, which can't be healthy.

I've seen the price of a fan (from the single supplier) go up from £159...to £189...to £199...and now the latest is "buy it now" on ebay for £249!

If only someone would come along to undercut current prices (even slightly) then the market for these parts would be a lot healthier.

Best Wishes

Shaun
Hi,
i think you will find it is problem finding another manufacturer of parts that fit is the problem. Anybody can sell them but unless you happen to know of any other maker of electric fans that fit Rover 75's looks like we have a problem.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Shaun, if you are referring to SMC, they have been used by many members from this and the other site. I met them a few months back when I collected my fan from them. I got the impression their stock is all ex-Rover dealership so genuine.

If it is SMC, do a quick search here and you'll find they are trusted and recommended.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I am more concerned about parts being available when I need them.

Top strut bearings were in short supply about two months ago and then another batch arrived. Now they are not that easy to get hold of again.

I need 2 now and my local X Part did'nt have them and could not give a date when he would. Fortunately I have found two but had to get them from two different dealers and pay two lots of postage.

And the price has moved in two months from £9.57 + VAT to something like £13.59 + vat which is a 41% increase.

I appreciate that without parts being used in manufacturing parts for only spares will be on shorter runs and potentially more expensive. However it would be nice if I could feel confident that when I wanted a part it was likely to be available at a dealer within 24 hours without having to punt round all X part dealers in the country and paying two lots of postage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts