MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Thought I would let you know a mate of mine had 4 Continental 225/45 ZR 18" tyres, fitted and balanced at Just Tyres in Leamington for £87 each. I logged onto http://www.justtyres.co.uk and found they had a local branch o me in Stourbridge. Quoted the £87 price and just come backwith 4 brand new conti's fitted and balanced for £348 including VAT. I am in no way affiliated to Just Tyres but this is a complete bargain considering Kwik Fit wanted £140 per corner which was my previous best quote.

Grab yourself a bargain.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
:eek:mg: that is a cracking price and even better because Continentals were factory fit and factory recommended (and now recommended by Rincewind).

Thanks for posting-perhaps I should look for 18" wheels for my car :lol:

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I've ordered some and am getting them fitted tomorrow afternoon. Will let you know how their customer service fares.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
IanRobertson said:
I've ordered some and am getting them fitted tomorrow afternoon. Will let you know how their customer service fares.
Now don't you go driving too fast on your new tyres Ian. At your age you need to be careful ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's amazing value! I replaced my front 2 225/45/ZR 17 continental conti sport contact's about 6 weeks ago for £103 per corner which was by far the cheapest at the time. The rear 2 will need changing in the next month and the cheapest is now £108 per corner.

They don't have a branch in Southampton do they? I think I will have to shop around some more!

I will stick to conti's all round.

Rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Further to my post a moment ago, I checked their website and was amazed to find a branch in Basingstoke, only about 15 miles up the road as I work in Winchester.

Anyway, just phoned them and spoke to Barry who said the best they could do was £260 for the pair! That's almost as much as Kwik-Fit, I think I may stick with my £108 per corner after all!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Really interested to hear how it goes. I need to get three now, as my front two are just bald :err: (bad tracking) and the rear has a screw in it. Some of that was due to bad tracking, which im going to have checked again.

With the tracking, im right in thinking i need a full tank of fuel? Also would they adjust the rear track, or just the front? Last time at ATS they only did the front, and the youth who did the job looked about 12 and was asking me questions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ROB75 said:
That's amazing value! I replaced my front 2 225/45/ZR 17 continental conti sport contact's about 6 weeks ago for £103 per corner which was by far the cheapest at the time. The rear 2 will need changing in the next month and the cheapest is now £108 per corner.

They don't have a branch in Southampton do they? I think I will have to shop around some more!

I will stick to conti's all round.

Rob
Nearest branch to Soton is Basingstoke. Got two tyres from them 2 days ago (see another thread). Not too happy with their tracking, though, so best to get that done locally.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi,

I had a look at my back tyre earlier and the outside edge has worn down much more than the inside, I knew the fronts where like this, but that was down to the tracking.

Is that still a tracking problem? any ideas where it should go/ what i should do once the new tyres are fitted?

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
MY04MGR said:
Hi,

I had a look at my back tyre earlier and the outside edge has worn down much more than the inside, I knew the fronts where like this, but that was down to the tracking.

Is that still a tracking problem? any ideas where it should go/ what i should do once the new tyres are fitted?
Yes it sounds just like the 75/ZT tracking problem. To sort it fill your fuel tank and get a four wheel laser alignment done.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Is it me, or is there some confusion?
Just to point out that ‘tracking’ and wheel alignment are two very different operations. Adjusting the tracking is to check/alter the toe-in (front wheels). Wheel alignment is, as the term suggests, alignment of all four wheels, in relation to the chassis and to all other road wheels. The former is a 3-minute job, the latter more like 15.
You need to specify what it is you want as many places don’t have the laser set-up and will merely adjust toe-in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had a full set fitted in Coventry this am, took the advert kindly scanned in by Dellboy2 and now have new shoes all round!...for £347!!
Thanks Dellboy2!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My pleasure, hate buying tyres but when you know you are getting a bargain then it feels sooooo much better. Incidently just checked my invoice from Just Tyres Stourbridge, total was £959.96 4 @ £239.99, then underneath was a £632.00 discount !!!! terrific saving. Service incidently was brilliant, checked and adjusted my tracking for free, very courteous staff.

·
Registered
68 Posts
With reference tyres and wheel alignment, I have used Elite Autos in Rainham, Essex for many years and found them good for high performance tyres. Not sure they could match this deal but definitely worth a call.

They do a laser wheel alignment for about £60 (last quoted price earlier this year).

http://www.elite-design.co.uk/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well it sounded too good to miss so I've got my two rear tyres (having Conti's instead of the Michelins) booked for replacement at York on Tuesday for £184.28, 60 mile each way trip but worth it to save over £100 for 2 tyres. It's also due to a rear wheel alignment problem causing the outer edge tyre to wear.
Black circles quote was £290!!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I had two tyres fitted this afternoon at Braintree - well what a fantastic service. Drove straight in, and they were fitted immediately.

Can't recommend Just Tyres at Braintree more highly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Interestingly my Michellins were worn down in the centre at the front (possibly inflation problem) and both rears were worn down on the outside but inners were still OK, is this normal?? Fitter suggested shocks might be worn, but seem OK to me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts