MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALl,
Stuck this on the XPF site too. My local tyre place in Leamington Spa (Just Tyres) has an offer on on the 225/45 ZR 18 Contis for £87 fitted:eek: . This is seriously cheap ( I just paid £109 through the UK Sales rep!!!). I'd buy a spare set at that price but the missus won't let me!

They are open today too

Cheers

Tapped

·
Registered
251 Posts
How long is the offer on? It will be worth driving from Portsmouth at a saving of £40 per tyre over Micheldever Tyres near Winchester/Basingstoke!
Sadly, I can't get there today!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had a look at their website and found that they are offering the tyres for £96.99 fully futted - nearest branch to me is Basingstoke.
You must have a special offer on them in Leamington
Still much cheaper than anything or anywhere else I have located - Cheers & thanks for the input, tapped.

·
Registered
mg_zt
182 Posts
is it worth putting cheaper tyres on?how do cheap tyres wear and would they affect handling,fuel consumption etc etc.Ha d a look around wec and you can get Falken 225/45/18 for around £95 delivered,obviously have to get then fitted.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The "cheap tyres" we are talking about are Continental ContiSport 225/45/18's. These are the ones that are recommended by most of the inputers of this site & the ones that came with my car when bought, so they are no cheap and nasties - despite the cheap price!

·
Registered
616 Posts
There are original ContiSports and also ContiSport Contact 2 around at present, so this may be a clear out of first generation tyres? Not that it really matters as they are both very good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hI all,

Yep £87 all in here and there is no mention of a time limit but I guess when they are gone they are gone. Branches in Leamington, Kenilworth and Coventry.

Usually pretty cheap tbh. I've had tyres from them before, they mucked up doing my tracking on my Corrado VR6 but if you just get them to do your tyres then I've had no probs.

RRP for Contis is £240 each

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi There,

Phone number is 0845 456 8917.

It was in their ad in the local paper (Leamington Courier) this weekend just gone. £86.99 225/45R18 (Z)

Try quoting the ad? Maybe they only had one and it's all a big con? Hasn't ever been so in the past though...

Cheers and good luck!

·
Registered
mg_zt
182 Posts
mine came with Pirelli Pzero Rosso the point I'm making are the cheap tyres around any good, not slagging known makes by anymeans,wasn't there a point made on this board with ref to the conti's being soft and not very hard wearing.

Waiting to be corrected.

·
Registered
mg_zt
76 Posts
A popular view, particularly from Rincewind who, IIRC, was involved in testing the cars with the Contis on for MGR. is that they are are an excellent compromise between grip/roadholding, road noise and wear.

I have the Conti Sports M3s on my Z, fitted from new and now with c23k under their belts, and they have worn very well. I reckon they have at least another 2-3k in them but I like to change tyres fairly early and at this price (£92 per corner all in) I'm happy to change a bit prematurely.

Each to his or her own I suppose, but I like em! :)

HTH, Jon

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got my two new contis at Just Tyres in Basingstoke.
Paid £184 fitted!!!!! FOR TWO!!
Need to buy on-line first and then arrange appointment to fit. www.justtyres.com
They have many branches countrywide, but the nearest one to Portsmouth is Basingstoke. Still - worth the journey as I saved a packet!!
WELL RECOMMENDED!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just Tyres have about 400 of these tyres at this price in stock (nationwide, obviously - some branches have only 2!). So there are a few weeks worth left (if you move quickly)

Oh! I almost forgot!!

THANKS BIG-TIME, Tapped!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
They need copies of the advert apparently, otherwise no problem! Has anyone an advert they could scan? I don't get the Leamington papers in Lincolnshire!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all

I'll scan the ad in tonight and will post it in the gallery or can pm people if that works?

Wish I had the cash to buy four for myself, or eight, or twelve

·
Registered
251 Posts
Suggest you forget scanning the ad and deal via www.justtyres.com . That is all you'll need. Follow the instructions and it is plain sailing. Contact me on this thread if you need further info (although, there is not a lot else to say!)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts