MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how hard it is to change a pair of standard vernier pulleys for a set of Kent Cam ones ?, is it pretty straightforward ?, also is it worth changing them and then changing the camshafts later on as I aint got the money at the moment to do them both together. Another question slightly off topic, was the Mk2 ZS 180 front shark gills plastic or carbon fibre, just wondered, sorry to be a pest lol.

·
Registered
mg_zs
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean the original vernier pulleys that are already on the car for a set of Kent Cam vernier Pulleys, now you get me ?, lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rovers don't have vernier pulleys. verniers are fitted to correct the cam timing when uprated cams are fitted and the usual "line up the dots" setting is no longer relavant. they also mean you can play with the cam timing on a rolling road to find the best torque curve.

Its pointless to fit verniers with the standard cams. If you are fitting better cams, fit the verniers at the same time, then time up the cams as per the manufacturers reccomendations. you do this by setting no1 cylinder to TDC then measuring the lift, then adjusting the verniers to give the correct figure. its a tedious job at the best of times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts