MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just put a new piper air filter into my mgf and i hope someone can help...
ive fitted it straight to the throttle body and everything is fine. the problem i have is there was a pipe that was going into the standard filter box what i took out but appears to go nowhere and im not sure if i have to buy something to attach it too? or do i just leave it because it doesnt seem to go anywere. im driving the car round and it sounds great but i keep worrying about the pipe! please help.
thanks ryan

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
ryannesbitt said:
ive just put a new piper air filter into my mgf and i hope someone can help...
ive fitted it straight to the throttle body and everything is fine. the problem i have is there was a pipe that was going into the standard filter box what i took out but appears to go nowhere and im not sure if i have to buy something to attach it too? or do i just leave it because it doesnt seem to go anywere. im driving the car round and it sounds great but i keep worrying about the pipe! please help.
thanks ryan
This pipe just ends up in the middle of the engine bay just behind the number plate pretty much. This was obviously deemed to be a cooler part of the engine but it does not connect to anything. Mine has been left for several years. It is fixed with cable ties so wont move around or anything

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers broon
thats what i wanted to hear!! i was abit worried about it. but like you said the pipe just goes behind the engine near the number plate and doesnt appear to be doing anything. i will check to see if it needs some cable ties. i can now drive at ease without thinking im breaking something!!! thanks again broon
:URGOD:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts