MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. just wanted some advice about the Walnut trim in my VVC, last year (Aug) I took my car in for a routine service at a local garage (Reg Vardy, Durham), and advised them that the light for the oil temp. gauge wasnt working, and they happily agreed to replace it (this is when the problem started). They have managed to make a right pigs ear of the trim, and they said that they would have to order the part and fit it once it was in stock, this is now nearly 9 months ago and they claim that they are unable to get that part as it is on back order and very few exist.
They have asked me to look on Ebay (yes you heard right) and if I find one, buy it, and they will refund me and fit the part?
To be quite honest, I dont feel its down to me, in my book, they broke it, they fix it.
Can anyone tell me of anywhere where I could get a genuine kit for replacing the 2 window air vents, the centre air vent and the centre console/gear stick trim?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I'm fairly sure Brown and Gammons have it.....it's about £140 I think.....01462 490049.....sure they will be able to help

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I enquired as I have walnut wheel and centre dash......kinda made me baulk a bit......:bah: ......but if they are going to pay....go for it

oh BTW...that was just the vents:scary:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I'm struggling to see how they would have damage all the air vent trims and console trim when investigating a fault with the oil temp lamp.

Assuming your car is Mk1 F then to check the bulb the only trim that needs removing is the centre air vent. If the bulb wasn't at fault or your car is MK2 which have LEd lighting in the gauges, then the console may need removing to investigate. The side vents wouldn't need to be touched at all.

Which parts are damaged exactly? Can you post a pic?

Another option is Mike Satur:-
Dash Fascia - MK1 Walnut as OE £81.00 +£8.00 P&P
Dash Fascia - MK2 Walnut as OE £58.00 +£10.00 P&P

Cant find the walnut air vents on his site but the set of 3 alloy ones are £65.00 +£8.00 P&P

All prices exclude VAT.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only parts that were actually damaged was the centre trim... and the centre air vents, but because the side vents have faded over time, they are happy to replace the whole lot.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
IMHO......go for original bits, that way they cant argue about price etc.....but its your car at the end of the day....your call

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well rang B & G and a pleasant chap called Paul advised me that NO ONE makes the surrounds anymore??
So back to the drawing board, any suggestions would be welcome..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts