MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 200 bubble has no central locking how difficult would it be to fit central locking to it ?

did a quick search but didnt come up with anything useful

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I know you can get aftermarket kits for this job. Or maybe find a scrapped bubble with central lockng, and rip all the bits from that.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had a look on ebay and didnt find any kits just boot central locking actuators

i would really like something that was unlocked from the fob though that would be ideal

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
You can retrofit maplin style motors into the doors as the one I done a while back all the connections were at the A post plug just not into the doors so not overly complex to run a pair of wires to each motor.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can retrofit maplin style motors into the doors as the one I done a while back all the connections were at the A post plug just not into the doors so not overly complex to run a pair of wires to each motor.

will this work with my fob?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Remembered now, sorry gettin old, the one we done was the last of the wedges ( N reg ) and it did work from the fob. Not 100% if the wiring is there on the bubbles.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the only wires i had in my passenger door was for my speakers from when i had the door card off i dont know if there is any others in rubber hose bit that goes from the door to under the dash has anything else in it

id really like central locking too

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unplug the loom that runs from the A post into the door and check how many wires you have running in there.

i got four

a yellow with pink/white stripe a yellow with black stripe a pink and an orange

they are the wires that are inside the rubber boot thing

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh

so could i possibly have central locking and its just not working ? cant say i really noticed when i had the dorr card off

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
yer as emps said you will need all the motors and wiring. Should just be a matter of joining the motor wires to your orange and pink ones and fitting the motors

You could just get 1 motor from the scrappy to test first.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
from what you said Im guessing you looked at the passenger door wiring.
The wiring for the drivers door should have the pink and orange wire as this runs to the lock assembly. If it doesnt you will also have to run wires to the lock assembly also.

thanks

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
The drivers door will have all of the necessary wiring and it will be plugged into the latch assembly, however the latch will be missing the C/L motor.

The reason that the wiring is present..minus the motor.. is that the switches are used to inform the alarm that the door is locked/unlocked, also there has to be some way of informing the alarm that you are entering the EKA.

By far the easiest way is to get latches from a C/L equipped car, swap the drivers door latch, run the two wires to the other doors and swap their latches for motorised versions.

It is normal for the Pink and Orange wires to be present in the tailgate, simply add the actuator and connect it up.

Everything will work from the existing fob.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bringing back an old thread :D

i have bought the maplin motors to give me central locking but where can i mount the motors?

ive searched but not found anybody who has done it and put up pictures

1 - 20 of 20 Posts