MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got a bit of a problem with my central locking. Not sure how long its been doing this but only noticed it yesterday. I've got a non standard alarm that also works the locks etc. The rover alarm is disabled. When i lock the car with my key fob, i hear the usual noise when all the doors are locking but the door pins seem to only drop down half way leaving the car alarmed but the doors unlocked! All the doors do this but they all unlock fine.

Any ideas? Would seem to me something is sticking, but what?

Mark

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right guys, i've had a proper go at locking and unlocking etc and what it does is this:

When the car is unlocked and i alarm the car, only the back doors lock and unlock. The front doors don't do anything. When i get in the car and push the drivers side door pin down it locks all 4 doors and then if i lift it up it unlocks all the doors as it should do. Its only when i try and alarm the car or disarm that there are problems. Is there a control box in the drivers door that may be faulty or something?

Will take to bits tomorrow and look for anything obvious like sticking parts etc but if anyone has any ideas it'd be mucho appreciato!

Mark

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Right well I wish I could help ...

Mine sometimes has a fit where it opens all the doors when you lock it - refuses to lock. Removing the battery for 10 mins usually cures it

I'd see what was actually done with the original alarm etc ????

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original alarm was disabled using the eka code. The one where you turn the key in the drivers door so many times etc. I'll reactivate it all and turn off my non standard alarm and see if it still has the same problem. At least then i'll know if its my central locking or my alarm thats at fault.

Cheers

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts