MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17,075 Posts

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
They are different, in that they tend to better quality (and the wiring plugs are different) - Project Drive has a lot to answer for.

IIRC they fit in the doors and once the wiring plugs have been changed over they work perfectly!

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,711 Posts
The nearside Central Locking Door Motor is starting to make a groaning noise. Although if I lock and unlock 4 or 5 times the noise disappears.

Any idea's?

Gaz.
Blimey Gaz, our TF's must be bl00dy twinned, 1st your bearing goes, then mine, my central locking motor starts groaning then yours!!!

My OH, unknowingly depressed the interior plunge button on xmas day, after i'd asked on here for advice, and was told about the superlocking, i thought great its seized:banghead:, she had scrambled out my door, i locked it, realised what she'd done, wiggled the plunger up and down and 'touch wood' no noise since:eyes::shake::dunno:

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
Got mine off ebay for £35. Should be able to get them from a breaker. some even offer some sort of guarantee, even if it is only a couple of days.

I have done an autopsy on my old one and it is a small shaft that has come away from the casing. I am going to try and fix it an post some pictures. If all goes well it will cost the price of a self tapping screw and a bit of araldite. All cogs and teeth are OK.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blimey Gaz, our TF's must be bl00dy twinned, 1st your bearing goes, then mine, my central locking motor starts groaning then yours!!!
:eyes::shake::dunno:
Tim, it does seem that way! I don't like to think what the next problem will be!

The noise from the door motor has disapeared, Kris I will be in touch. I don't live too far from you. So maybe I could drop the motor off and pick it up.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a N/S Door Lock off eBay, £16.00 + p and p. It was off a 1996 MGF. I fitted it in less than 15 mins and even the wiring plug was the same fitting as mine(MG TF 2003).

I took the old one apart and found a peg had broken inside. All the Cogs(teeth) and other parts inside looked OK.

See photo(peg fits to location arrowed):-

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.