MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, starting to get a bit !"@!ed off with my 800. my central locking has decided to give up on me now and im not sure what the problem is. the alarm and immobiliser still kick in and i can still deactivate them via the fob but the central locking fails to move. as i dont have the original owners book im at a loss as to whether this is a dead fuse or an ecu problem. my 800 is an 825 auto 1997, if you have any words of wisdom for me please let me know as my beloved 825 might be meeting with a sticky end.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The problem may be to do with your fuse board/box.As i'm sure you've already read on some thread here the dry joints cause problems so i would firstly check that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Central locking/window problems

Central locking and window problems are usually caused by ecu malfunction, quite common after a visit to the Valet, who usually steam clean the carpets, which floods the ecu under the passenger front seat, also on occasion taking out the main and gearbox ecu's, also causing electric seat problems, if you have all or many window/locking/gearbox/engine starting/running/alarm malfunctions, i suggest removing the passenger front seat, and possibley the drivers as well and check the physical condition,of the ecu's look for corrosion and of course moisture, failure of the master central locking motor in the drivers door can also cause mayhem, but if the car has recently been valetted then i would suspect ecu's, i sell lots of ecu's to owners who have been flooded or have been to a careless valet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What happens if you lock/unlock the car with the key?

Central locking and window problems are usually caused by ecu malfunction
Fact: window problems (and indeed many other electrical gremlins) on the Rover 800 are, as has been said, most commonly caused by dry joints in the main fusebox. This is easily remedied if you have access to a soldering iron.

I am sure the relevant ECUs do fail from time to time. But this is certainly a lot less common than dry joints in the main fusebox! :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Agreed - start with the fusebox - see how it goes after re-soldering that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts