MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped working via the fob. Stripped down the door and its lock to discover that within the motor, a little `nob` has snapped within the unit.

So, where can I get one of these lock motors ??? I have a 3 door hatch backversion, therefore can I only use one from another hatchback ? Or will all 3/5/tourers be ok ??

Anyone here got one ??

SBK

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
914 Posts
sbk1972 said:
Stopped working via the fob. Stripped down the door and its lock to discover that within the motor, a little `nob` has snapped within the unit.

So, where can I get one of these lock motors ??? I have a 3 door hatch backversion, therefore can I only use one from another hatchback ? Or will all 3/5/tourers be ok ??

Anyone here got one ??

SBK
it is possible just to replace the metal latch. its very fiddly, you can get a latch off a 200/400 even if there not central locking.models which dont have central locking have the motor case but no insides, but they do have a metal latch.its just a case of removing the pin thats holding it in.did this on me dads 414

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Within the central locking motor is a small metal arm that has a `nob` that the motor's drive wheel uses to move the lock into the lock or unlocked state. My problem was that this small little nob had snapped off, so the motor would work, but not move the arm. Out side the motor the metal arm connects to a piece of plastic that goes over the locking mech.

Now, I tight money wise, so I went down to a scrap yard, and removed the central locking from a 416. I removed the central lokcing motor on the drivers side, and unscrewed this. I then removed the metal arm. I then put this into my central locking motor, and hey presto, all is working again.

Quite a fiddle job, as you have to completely take out the lock unit from the car, unscrewing one of the window tracks to be able to do this.

SBK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts