MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jacobzr120
mg_zr
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The central locking on my 2005 MG ZR keeps locking after its been unlocked which I want to avoid so i don't end up locking my keys in, what needs replacing?

TIA

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,163 Posts
It probably just needs a visit to someone with a T4 to get it set up differently. I am not sure whether the pscan is able to reset Pektron functions, but if so that may be another possibility.

You don't say what the circumstances are when it re-locks, but the Pektron equipped cars are programmed to re-lock 30 seconds after the car is unlocked with the fob button, if neither front door has been opened by the time the 30 seconds has elapsed. It was one of the security measures which helped the later cars to become Thatcham Cat 1 security graded.

·
Jacobzr120
mg_zr
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help yeah it re-locks sometimes in that case but it does also do it if the doors have been opened then closed again and i'm sitting inside

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,163 Posts
If it is an intermittent occurrence it may well be damaged wiring - always a good idea to carefully check the wiring loom where it passes from body to tailgate through the rubber boot at top right of the tailgate aperture - damage due to chafing is quite common here and resulting shorts can trigger the SCU to do things when it isn't supposed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts