MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a sad case I have been rather curious about a few Tf sparks that have been advertised as celestial blue I thought it was only a monogram colour and that sparks were sonic blue anyone know what the reality is? One advertiser that is selling a Spark is adamant that it's celestial and has the IAI code, also anyone got a link to a picture of celestial and sonic cars parked together? I've seen it somewhere on the net but can't remember where now

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
The V5 will say if its a spark or not, but I would be pretty sure it isn't.

The Spark was only available in Sonic Blue, FireFrost Red, Starlight Silver and XPower Grey.

There is a history of some TFs being sold and appearing on insurance databases as 'Jubilee' specials, even though there was only ever one Jubilee car made and it resides in the museum at Longbridge, so it could be case of inncorrect model registration.

I have also come a couple of cars with the wrong paint code, though they were monogram cars with paint codes relating to colours from the standrad colour range, which could indicate they have been resprayed at the factory. One example was a 'Typoon' ZS that had a trophy blue paint code.

This is celestial:-

This is Sonic blue:-

As you can see they do look quite similar.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The only BLUE available for the 'spark' special edition was SONIC BLUE :broon:
So saying its celestial blue is false advertising :lol:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Sonic Blue is a gorgeous colour in my opinion, if I had to have a TF it would have to be in either Sonic Blue (or similar shade of blue) or in Black

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
The V5 will say if its a spark or not, but I would be pretty sure it isn't.

The Spark was only available in Sonic Blue, FireFrost Red, Starlight Silver and XPower Grey.

There is a history of some TFs being sold and appearing on insurance databases as 'Jubilee' specials, even though there was only ever one Jubilee car made and it resides in the museum at Longbridge, so it could be case of inncorrect model registration.

I have also come a couple of cars with the wrong paint code, though they were monogram cars with paint codes relating to colours from the standrad colour range, which could indicate they have been resprayed at the factory. One example was a 'Typoon' ZS that had a trophy blue paint code.

This is celestial:-

This is Sonic blue:-

As you can see they do look quite similar.

SIMILAR!!!!??? I can't tell the difference! lol

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my car is celestial and it has a certain something about it that's difficult to explain it's a more vibrant complex colour than sonic I think it looks stunning in reality although not as intense as trophy

·
Registered
161 Posts
my car is celestial and it has a certain something about it that's difficult to explain it's a more vibrant complex colour than sonic I think it looks stunning in reality although not as intense as trophy
When I park my trophy 115 next to other blues (I'm 115, they 135), all the public look at my blue and randomly think my car the more expensive. Happened 3 times

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well this is my Spark and i always thought it was celestrial blue as i once saw a picture of a TF tagged sonic blue and it looked different......

·
Registered
161 Posts
Beutiful car - should you really be showing registration plate to thieves/cloners on net???????????

Hide that info or invites thefts to yours of fake yours to someome else is what I thought was the thing

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this is my Spark and i always thought it was celestrial blue as i once saw a picture of a TF tagged sonic blue and it looked different......

what's the paint code on the chassis plate say?

this is celestial bad picture though!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beutiful car - should you really be showing registration plate to thieves/cloners on net???????????

Hide that info or invites thefts to yours of fake yours to someome else is what I thought was the thing

I dont think it matters really, i drive it and park it on the street everyday..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts