MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought of this as I was in the Shower. Hows about SteveC and JohnS rally around the different agents for some Celebrity MG-R drivers to show their support for the survival of the brands on Monday morning?

I'm thinking the likes of Jimmy Carr and John Nettles who have made the fact that they own a Rover 75 quite public. I think it would be a great way of getting public awareness out to the general public, and it would be nice to see SteveChilds on Midlands Today side by side with the two of them...

What do you reckon?

Maybe Matthew Pinsett could make an appearance as well?

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Absolutely superb idea Bazzer :)

Given that Stephen lives in California and Steve will be en-route to Longbridge on Monday.... I guess that means it is down to me. I'll get on to it straight away :)

Thanks

John

·
Registered
mg_zr
370 Posts
I Think Geoff Horsefield (West Brom Footballer) Drives a ZT. and if I'm not mistaken is a 'fan' of MGR.

I'm sure I saw that somewhere.:idea:

-Rob-

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnSwitzer said:
Absolutely superb idea Bazzer :)

Given that Stephen lives in California and Steve will be en-route to Longbridge on Monday.... I guess that means it is down to me. I'll get on to it straight away :)

Thanks

John
Thanks for the support. If you pull this off mate MG-R deserve to survive!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Yup, please put down any MGR driving celebrities you are aware of. The British public have an obsession with celebrities... if we get them on MGR's side, then I think MGR is home and dry :)

Regards

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
celebs rovers......

Johhny Briggs ( Mike Baldwin in Coronation Street ) he insisted on driving a Rover in the show so would be worth a try.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dion Dublin is always driving around Stratford in his new ZT - f'in good bloke, and i know David Badiel (?) had a 75 tourer recently...

·
Registered
989 Posts
gary neville used to have a zt. dont know if he does now. geoff horse field ofwigan athletic has a zt 135 cdti. and phil tuffnel has a rover 75.

·
Registered
989 Posts
MattL said:
Prince Charles and Camilla really SHOULD be using limo 75s as wedding cars!!
tony blair has a 75 limo but no one has seen him in yet. he should have used it yesterday in brum at least gordon brown was using a 75 instead of a jag which blair was usoing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts