MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow sufferers, I am only just posting but have been an avid reader for a year now. Iam on my 2nd 75 tourer in a year (1st one went boating on M1!!) and am very happy with when it starts. I need help - it is a pain to start hot or cold. The symptoms are as follows: Engine turns over for at least 30 seconds but sometimes until battery is nearly flat with no sign of life at all. Suddenly it will start and runs fine, performance and fuel economy are ok (47mpg) despite 126K on clock. It has a new maf and an x-part dealer has diagnosed in tank pump. This does not make sense to me though as I can run the tank to almost empty with no problems. If I take the pipe off the filter and there is good fuel flow. Both pumps seem to be running fine. One thing which seems to help is if I charge the battery (new) overnight and try in the morning the engine turns over faster and starts after about 8 secs. I am thinking camshaft sensor or injector leakback - can anyone help. The problem has got worse over the last 6 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts