MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi weird one this. I've been overtaking recently (its done it 4 times) and under hard acceleration, just as your passing people!, the car backs off at around 2500rpm and makes me look silly. It did it this morning and the glow plug light flickered.

It doesn't do with the TU3a box on but I'd switched it off at the weekend to monitor fuel consumption levels.

ANy ideas if there is something wrong or just a trait of the engine?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Certainly no trait of the engine! How many miles have you done and have the GPs ever been changed!?

Does the car idle smoothly!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the glow plugs haven't been changed. The car has full service history and that done about 27000

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Would be worth asking resident expert Rover ron-sounds very strange. Good luck and hope it is sorted soon.

Mike :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Does it do it when the Air con is off ?

On my old Xantia it was a sign the A/c gas was low, The commpressor came in with with more of a kick, after I topped up it was fine,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes does it both ways. i'm not bothered I just change up or down and it stops! Its aint getting repaired if its expensive

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
e668ecp said:
yes does it both ways. i'm not bothered I just change up or down and it stops! Its aint getting repaired if its expensive
Don't panic!

One or two Tu3 owners have found this happens when it is turned off.
I never have, and I can't see why switching it off would cause it.

I think if you disconnected the Tu3 you'd find you do not have a problem.

However, also try cleaning the fuel pressure sensor contacts.

A few owners (not Tu3 owners) have found this can cure erratic behaviour.
Another super Bosch sensor!

When doing this, some owners have found it not be screwed in very tight, and in one case was actually leaking.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts