MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I want to take the CD-Changer out of the boot....but I can't see any bolts or screws that hold it in place, I have even used a mirror & still can't see anything.
Have you got any ideas how I can remove it ?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Should be bolts going into the two sides of the changer. 7mm in size and between 4 or 8 depending upon who fitted it.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If it is a factory/dealer side fit look underneath the unit & there shound be a couple of large pop rivets. Drill these out & the unit will slide up & off the bracket.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Steve (G13SJC) is right to get the changer itself out, simple screw head (can't remember if it was philips / allen / torx head) fixings to remove. Removing the bracket that holds the changer is more fiddly.

If it is a factory/dealer side fit look underneath the unit & there shound be a couple of large pop rivets. Drill these out & the unit will slide up & off the bracket.
Did this with my ZS - have an MP3 player to plug in and wasn't using the box in the boot. You'll have to get behind the carpet to undo the fixings to the bodywork, but the bracket is pop-riveted together after the parts are put either side of the carpet. I pulled the carpet and bracket out of the car to drill out the rivets on a bench - pain in the arse but got there in the end - it may well be easier to do the drilling in the car, may not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts