MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The 6 CD changer in my car has died, I took it out from the glove box and found it was made by Alpine,. I looked on e-bay and there are loads of alpine 6 CD changers to be had. would like to know if all these things are compatible, i.e. will it get along with the radio unit and will the steering wheel buttons work if it is an Alpine unit but from a different car. as you can tell, I don't know the first thing about these devices. Don't fancy going to Rover dealer and paying mad prices. Any help or general advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hi
The 6 CD changer in my car has died, I took it out from the glove box and found it was made by Alpine,. I looked on e-bay and there are loads of alpine 6 CD changers to be had. would like to know if all these things are compatible, i.e. will it get along with the radio unit and will the steering wheel buttons work if it is an Alpine unit but from a different car. as you can tell, I don't know the first thing about these devices. Don't fancy going to Rover dealer and paying mad prices. Any help or general advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Try and get one with the same product code as yours. Ie. XQE100280??

Most are interchangeable, but be careful as the wiring is different on some models. (you need the square plug and some come with a round DIN type plug)

Regards,

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts