MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have searched the internet high and low and asked numerous car audio people, Halfords, Mills etc. and they all seem to be giving me conflicting advice.

Basically, I've just become the proud owner of a 98 Rover 216 Si complete with R860 Rover head unit - but no factory fitted CD Changer. This is a bummer as I went from a CD head unit (goodmans) in my Rover 100 - which I have now put in my 216 - however it doesn't work with the steering controls or the display in the dash.

So, my basic question is - what CD changer can I get (just the changer, not the head unit) that will just plug and play with the R860 HU and where can I get it from for around £100, don't wanna pay anymore for a box with the CDs in it, I might aswell just lose my steering controls for over that price!

Otherwise, what else could I do? I know you could get a JVC cd changer package at the mo in halfords for £130 with 12 Cd changer, however this would then need an adaptor to work with the stalk controls, am I right?

So, what CD Changers are compatible with the existing R860 HU?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
eternal_inertia said:
Hi guys,

I have searched the internet high and low and asked numerous car audio people, Halfords, Mills etc. and they all seem to be giving me conflicting advice.

Basically, I've just become the proud owner of a 98 Rover 216 Si complete with R860 Rover head unit - but no factory fitted CD Changer. This is a bummer as I went from a CD head unit (goodmans) in my Rover 100 - which I have now put in my 216 - however it doesn't work with the steering controls or the display in the dash.

So, my basic question is - what CD changer can I get (just the changer, not the head unit) that will just plug and play with the R860 HU and where can I get it from for around £100, don't wanna pay anymore for a box with the CDs in it, I might aswell just lose my steering controls for over that price!

Otherwise, what else could I do? I know you could get a JVC cd changer package at the mo in halfords for £130 with 12 Cd changer, however this would then need an adaptor to work with the stalk controls, am I right?

So, what CD Changers are compatible with the existing R860 HU?

Thanks!

Have a look on Ebay. I picked up a Genuine Rover XQE100250 for £37. Add the lead/fitting kit (another £45 from MGR) and you have the genuine package for about £80.

I also picked up an unused XQE100230 complete with fitting kit for R200 and lead for £85 which is now in the missus' car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't find anything really on ebay matching those numbers. I don't mind whether its a Rover one or a Sony/JVC one - as there are loads of them about, just don't want to be messing around with adaptors and stuff.

I have seen however, here - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=ALRS001M that this one says it has an interface to fit R680 and other Rover radios, would this be the same for all these Sony T69's or just from this website? As I have seen another on a different website, Low Cost Audio - the same model for under £100 delivered but don't want to fork out all that money and then have it not work with my HU.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
eternal_inertia said:
Can't find anything really on ebay matching those numbers. I don't mind whether its a Rover one or a Sony/JVC one - as there are loads of them about, just don't want to be messing around with adaptors and stuff.

I have seen however, here - http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=ALRS001M that this one says it has an interface to fit R680 and other Rover radios, would this be the same for all these Sony T69's or just from this website? As I have seen another on a different website, Low Cost Audio - the same model for under £100 delivered but don't want to fork out all that money and then have it not work with my HU.

Thanks
The adaptor is £50 and is essential for it to work.

Anyway found a Rover CD changer on e-bay for you with 25/200 brackets and a lead.

see
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75304&item=5763623844&rd=1

edit also cd changer without lead/bracket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75296&item=5763897924&rd=1

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Ive got a renault one in mine believe it or not!

Try Car Stereos in Wales...thats the company name..not just where they are based. They have all this kind of thing in stock, standard manufacturer equipment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just bought a Sony T69 with Rover 200 interface package from add-a-cd-changer.com and that was £150 with free delivery and warranty and fittings, which I thought was rather a good deal, as the interface alone is around £30-£50.

Thanks for your replies though :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an Alpine Changer in the boot of my Rover that I am about to take out and replace with my JVC. I haven't actually tried the unit (I only got the car last weekend) to see if it works or not and I don't know the model number off the top of my head, but would be willing to sell it at a reasonable price with the leads (and the HU if you want it).

:)

Whoops.... didn't see your last reply.... I'll get my coat... :shh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts