MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZT SE 190 is missing its Alpine CD autochanger. The MG part number is UB105400. Does anyone know what the Alpine model number is?

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should have done a search first1 I believe the reference is XQE105560. Please let me know if this is not the case

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can some tell the relationship between XQE numbers and CHM-S numbers? Are they linked or a different model number. I am afraid confused

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
erich_t_top said:
Can some tell the relationship between XQE numbers and CHM-S numbers? Are they linked or a different model number. I am afraid confused

MikeM knows all this stuff he'll be back later, we are all a bit busy washing and polishing cars ready for Beaulieu tomorrow.

Regards

MM

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
Hi Erich,

This is something I wondered about, but I've not been able to match Alpine model numbers with MGR part numbers. As far as I can tell the units are not exactly like for like. For example, there are two Alpine units (CHM S630 & CHM S634) that look the same but from what I can find out have at least different connections from the MGR versions (for reference their part numbers are XQE 100430, XQE 105560, VUB 102140, VUB 105400). Buying an off the shelf Alpine model might not be a show stopper but you may need to spend extra on leads/connectors to get it to hook up with the original controls.

Best
Ian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have gone and bid on ebay on a autochanger from a 2005 ZT

it is XQE000580 and the model number is SDC-652. Where does this fit in please?

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
Okay, that part number is for an Iovox changer that goes with the Iovox head unit. Check your VIN number, the Iovox units were fitted from VIN 308595 to 344592. I don't have the foggiest if it will work with other head units. You'd be best to confirm exactly which head unit you have first, as they made a number of changes over the years and there were some odd specs, what year is yours? To help, the Iovox unit will look like this (it might be all black)

http://www.storemill.com/secure/artwork/product/9_9_1c84e1b4-acee-42b6-b600-7ece7a5d75b5.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks IGA

The vehicle is reg june 2004, vin 3299423
It is fitted with the Highline satellite navigation system which includes an integral radio together with a
harman/kardon premium hi-fi system (featuring a 180W 6-channel amplifier and ten branded speakers including a boot mounted sub woofer)

Eric

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
erich_t_top said:
Thanks IGA

The vehicle is reg june 2004, vin 3299423
It is fitted with the Highline satellite navigation system which includes an integral radio together with a
harman/kardon premium hi-fi system (featuring a 180W 6-channel amplifier and ten branded speakers including a boot mounted sub woofer)

Eric
Nice set up. The Highline is made by Alpine, so I think you need to look for an orignal MGR Alpine changer (the part numbers beginning VUB above were the most recent ones). Although my Accesories brochure also says the Sony CDX T69 fits all makes (with an adaptor). I wouldn't want to say that the unit you're bidding on wouldn't/couldn't work but it might be more trouble than its worth.

Best
Ian

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
The only changers that will work 'out of the box' with your hu are MGR part numbers:

XQE 100430
XQE 105560
VUB 102140
VUB 105400

hth

Mike :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
pinouts

Thanks Mike

The only changers that will work 'out of the box' with your hu are MGR part numbers:

XQE 100430
XQE 105560
VUB 102140
VUB 105400

hth

Mike

I'm looking for the pinouts of this cd changer (xqe 105560) . I want to plug it to my bmw e39 from 2001. Hope I don't disturb/annoy/offend anyone by having a bmw and not a rover.

Thanks.
my email is [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts