MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told the cat is blowing on my 2002 2.0 turbo diesel, the garage quoted £250.00 to replace and fit a new one, are they difficult to fit ? if not where can i buy one ? and how much will it cost ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Dicky said:
Just been told the cat is blowing on my 2002 2.0 turbo diesel, the garage quoted £250.00 to replace and fit a new one, are they difficult to fit ? if not where can i buy one ? and how much will it cost ?

Thanks.
On my CDT, the cat, flexy joint and downpipe are all one piece so £250 is a bargain!

In fact it is suspiciously cheap considering the list price is £521.07 from Rimmerbros.

Are you sure they aren't going to just weld it up!

Ron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Be Careful

I suspect rover ron is right. A snide mechanic did just that on my old car and when questioned his reply "I never said i would replace it, just fix it!!"
Question every thing!!!!

G

·
I got mine done recently after hitting something on A1.

Cost £300ish for new down pipe and CAT. Dunno if it was an MG-Rover part but it works well !

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
I have got one that had only done 7k it’s from a 04 reg 1.8. It’s the one you see in the engine bay b4 the fexly joint. Not the one under the car, Is this worth putting on eBay or should I keep it if mine goes. My cat at the mo has done 113k?

Thax
Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts