MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Yes i kno this is thre wrong place but this seems to get more people looking at it, as the title says really i need one for my mot, or could i borrow one for my mot :lol: can anybody help, its a rover 414 1998

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
A new one isn't that dear!

What happens if you get stopped at a roadside emission check? Full MOT again, Sir, at your expense.

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Major Ingram said:
A new one isn't that dear!
ATS said it would cost me around £150 but i dont really want to pay that for one when as soon as it comes out of the test station im gonna take it straight back off, will placing the cat convertor back on reduce the sound of my exhaust any or is it there just to reduce emissions

G

·
Major - I had huge trouble shifting the nuts and bolts on my Sterling exhaust this week. Until I decided to try the electric impact gun which whipped them off.

Still the best £10 I ever spent on tools..............

·
Registered
17,398 Posts

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey cheers for the help ladz, i will take it for an mot sometime in the next few weeks to see if it does fail, the thing is i dont have a ramp or nout to even fit it, so its gonna be difficult to do it ma self so i may have to visit a gargae

G

·
I bought my electric gun from Argos. It should have been £20 but there was a promotion on so it was just £9.95.

Halfords do them for £14.95 I think - and I know places like Machine Msart and Eurocarparts sell them too.

It makes short work of stiff wheel nuts, T series crankshaft bolts, exhaust nus and the like (but give them a good old oiling first). 230lbft of torque seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
bobdope2002 said:
hey cheers for the help ladz, i will take it for an mot sometime in the next few weeks to see if it does fail, the thing is i dont have a ramp or nout to even fit it, so its gonna be difficult to do it ma self so i may have to visit a gargae
Bob get yourself down to your local Motor parts store or AFL or Machinemart and get yourself some axel stands or ramps for about £30 a pair. I'd prefer the axle stands.
You'll get your moneys worth from 'em if you're akin to having a go at DIY mechanics.

·
Banned
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive booked my car in for a MOT on Friday afternoon, i hope it passes, but ive found a garage that will fit the catalic convertor for me if needs be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts