MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you may recall I posted back in May following the graffitti that was sprayed all over my car one night which also damaged my headlights.

Last night at around 1am I heard the usual footsteps of drunks staggering home from the pub but then a loud bang and some giggling. Seeing as I had a cold I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed and take a look but wish I had...

This morning I went to the car to go to my girlfriends house and notice that some :***: tard has relieved my car of its rear windscreen wiper by just ripping it off. C**nts. Geez I'm getting sick of this society. I had visions of following whoever it was up the road and running them over repeatedly and then plucking the wiper from their limp lifeless hand whilst quoting Vinnie Jones saying "It's been emotional. Now, :***: off.". But I digress.

As far as I can tell there isn't any damage to the mechanism but I am going to need a whole new rear wiper assembly to bolt on. Can anyone give me a rough idea on what that is likely to cost? I don't want to involve the insurance again as that will only put my premium up again after it was raised this year following the clear-up of the last lot of vandalism.

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
I hope the loser that did it felt thoroughly ashamed. Let's assume you're a doctor and one day he needs treatment, then why should you help after what he did? I hate these people, deserve a good kicking.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Andrew,

sorry to hear about that. It's ****ing disgraceful. Hopefully the bloke cut his hand in the process and will now die of tetanus!!!!!!!!

Where abouts do you live then??

·
Registered
989 Posts
my mums 25 has had its lights and windows smashed in b4 and i went mental.
they got arrested and charged so i was happy bout that

·
Registered
702 Posts
Im glad i dont like in the Uk anymore...damn thats just not right...whats up with the whole "lets get pissed and brake thing/people" mentality over there?

is it not possible to perhaps i dunno get indoor parking or something mate??

when i was living there my friend used to park his car in a shipping container that he bought :p

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Its the new culture. Its fashionable to get crashed out of your head on drink and drugs and vandalise the first thing you see. Personally I like to kick them in like the way they did the Bus shelter the night before, preferably really hard in the groin area with a iron boot...

I'm really sorry to hear about that mate. Vandalising someones Car like that is out of order and for that, I hope they are caught. Make em pay extra as well, just to cheese them off...

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
xpower_boy said:
my mums 25 has had its lights and windows smashed in b4 and i went mental.
they got arrested and charged so i was happy bout that
WOW, dont hear that many times do we!?

Andrew...bummer:( , i remember replying to your last post.

You can sort this out for a few quid, goto scrappy, rover 25/200/zr, all the same, shouldnt be much mate:)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
We had a break in a couple of years ago. The thief stole a couple of laptop computers, some mobile phones and... wait for it... a personal tracking system that I was developing on behalf of the Home Office.

All I had to do was activate the tracking device. The cops had him - with all the gear still on him - before he got home.

When he was sentenced, he asked for 49 other offences to be taken into account. He got five years.

·
Registered
282 Posts
next thing to do go to argos get cctv camara cost about £30.00 get 3x4 hour tapes stick em on long play=24 hour piece of mind,best money ive spent in a long time

·
Registered
4 Posts
andrewuk said:
Well some of you may recall I posted back in May following the graffitti that was sprayed all over my car one night which also damaged my headlights.

Last night at around 1am I heard the usual footsteps of drunks staggering home from the pub but then a loud bang and some giggling. Seeing as I had a cold I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed and take a look but wish I had...

This morning I went to the car to go to my girlfriends house and notice that some :***: tard has relieved my car of its rear windscreen wiper by just ripping it off. C**nts. Geez I'm getting sick of this society. I had visions of following whoever it was up the road and running them over repeatedly and then plucking the wiper from their limp lifeless hand whilst quoting Vinnie Jones saying "It's been emotional. Now, :***: off.". But I digress.

As far as I can tell there isn't any damage to the mechanism but I am going to need a whole new rear wiper assembly to bolt on. Can anyone give me a rough idea on what that is likely to cost? I don't want to involve the insurance again as that will only put my premium up again after it was raised this year following the clear-up of the last lot of vandalism.
Unlucky man. :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers all for the responses. I have been unlucky this year with the motor! The only damn repairs I have ever made to it are fixing up other people doing it in FFS! It is wierd that it has been done twice in six months, especially now since it is parked up the drive following the vandalism that happened when it was parked in the street. Apparantly a few other cars down my street suffered similar fates so it must just have been some nobbers ripping off wipers all down the street for a "laugh". Great time of the year to do it - I hope they get a flesh eating disease for Xmas.

Anyway I have contacted a load of scrappers and they all want around 15 quid for the part which isn't to bad. However imagine my surprise when I contacted the local Rover dealer and was quoted 17 quid for a brand new one including the bolt and washer jet cap to go on it!

I have ordered that and will collect it later in my lunch break. Just aswell because with no washer cap or wiper everytime I go to switch on the rear-washwipe habitually I end up drenching the car behind with water since it is like a super soaker effect spraying out from the back of the car! :rotflmao:

I had visions of filling it with molten bramley apple (as per Alan Partridge!) so the next bloke that pulls it off activates a sensor which burns his face off with mcdonalds apple pie :itschy:

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Sorry to hear whats happemd mate, i bet if that happened to their motor, they would kick up holy hell :( Always nice to know that stealership prices can be near to scrappers prices :D
You might wanna wire up the car to a 240V power supply from your house, with a big warning label in the window, and when they electricute themselves, they can't do jack as you have warned them ;)

Regards

Stu C

·
Registered
rover_45
310 Posts
Thats not really the point though is it? Why should anyone have to pay out even a couple of quid to fix something someone else did. When you think abouit it theres the agro, the cost of the part, the cost and time of phoning around, theres your lost lunch break and the time spent in replacing the wiper. In the big picture, these are such little things but they really do frustrate me.

grrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riverfish said:
Thats not really the point though is it? Why should anyone have to pay out even a couple of quid to fix something someone else did. When you think abouit it theres the agro, the cost of the part, the cost and time of phoning around, theres your lost lunch break and the time spent in replacing the wiper. In the big picture, these are such little things but they really do frustrate me.

grrrrrrrrrr
Nail on the head Riverfish :sad3:

This time around it should be a cheapish and easy fix but why should I have to? What the hell is wrong with these people - they must be seriously deranged in the head. :iwstupid:

I think people that do this sort of mindless stuff (I mean it's not even old school revenge, just plain carelessness) should just be killed off. I mean the only thing that they contribute to society is annoying and pissing everyone off. Let's look at the benefits of just killing them:

1. World population decreases and so famine is reduced.
2. No tax payer's money is wasted keeping them in prison when they eventually get caught.
3. No tax payer's money is wasted giving them fags and booze, oops sorry I mean benefits.
4. We all know rehabilitation is b*****ks and just wastes money when they repeat offend. Once an ******* always an *******.
5. They could be made useful in their demise by using them as organ donors.

F**kers. kill them all :devil2:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In my quest for a new wiper arm I have noticed that the rear wiper found on a Peugeot 306 looks identical (even the washer nozzle cap) to the one on the Rover 200/25!

Anyone know for sure if it is the same?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh bugger didn't realise it had a new design! bah - just got my new one and put it on yesterday aswell.

Ah well I'm sure by the weekend it will have been liberated from the car again :shake: so I'll get a new style one then

1 - 20 of 21 Posts