MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beer2: hi all
to all members that is not going to the meet on sunday the stickers will be on sale next week if you would like one or two just PM me with your address.; the cost will be £1-00 plus post.
actros.:taz: i am happy

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
actros said:
:beer2: hi all
to all members that is not going to the meet on sunday the stickers will be on sale next week if you would like one or two just PM me with your address.; the cost will be £1-00 plus post.
actros.:taz: i am happy
You are going to be very busy with PMs over the next few days!

From those of us that looks after the club thanks very much for doing this for the members. :)

Regards

Ken

ps glad you are happy :taz:

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Bump

PS I bought two at the Meet and a good thing I did to as I made a complete pigs ear of getting the first one properly lined up at the bottom of the screen
I couldn't seem to be able to get myself into a position where I could line it up properly

so out with the scisors for a slight trim and I put the second one behind the centre brake light, very discrete up there :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Keith Alexander said:
Bump

PS I bought two at the Meet and a good thing I did to as I made a complete pigs ear of getting the first one properly lined up at the bottom of the screen
I couldn't seem to be able to get myself into a position where I could line it up properly

so out with the scisors for a slight trim and I put the second one behind the centre brake light, very discrete up there :)
Well I first marked out the area on the outside using masking tape, then had to fold the back seats down, sitting on them with my feet into the boot to be able to get anywhere near a position to fit mine ... got there in the end though :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
i got mine before the meet as actros was kind enough to get them to me before then but i promised i would say nothing untill after the meet.with a gob my size it was difficult:D and i didnt want to make anyone:jealous:
i too ruined the first one but managed to fit the second one with sum fiddling around, mind you you need to be flexible or a contorsionist;) looks good though!!
big thanks to actros

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
jamescj said:
Well I first marked out the area on the outside using masking tape, then had to fold the back seats down, sitting on them with my feet into the boot to be able to get anywhere near a position to fit mine ... got there in the end though :)
Didn't think of folding the seats down !
Normal trick is to use a fairy liquid mix and slide them in place, but I had forgot about that at the time!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Bit of water mixed with washing up liquid, wipe over the glass, slide the sticker and position where you want it , then squeeze out the liquid trapped between the sticker and the glass until it's fixed!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Yep same technique as you use for transfers on model airplanes, as the water dries under the sticker the glue then takes over, it also means you don't end up with Air bubbles as they are easy to squeeze out

Like I said forgot all about doing it that way until afterwards doh!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used the washing up liquid mix to fix mine, just squirt a little in a bowl add pint of water and submerge the sticker (backing removed).

You can then put in place and slide around easily until it's where you want it, then ease out the excess/bubbles. Did mine yesterday, now fixed & firm.

Put mine at bottom nearside corner of rear screen so that it is behind the head restraint when viewed from the drivers mirror, not reducing the already limited rear view. Looks good as parcel shelf adds contrast to lettering.

Simon

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Has anyone got a pic of the sticker in place? Would be good to see as I haven't had the bottle to fix mine yet :)

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tried placing mine whilst at the meet - buggered the first one, but had the foresight to buy two!
However, I found that the sticker was almost invisible when in place . I had a chat with MikeM and suggested that the next run be printed with the white background so thet the detail of the club logo can be seen properly.
Did anyone else have similar views?
Cracking idea, by the way.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
MikeM said:
Has anyone got a pic of the sticker in place? Would be good to see as I haven't had the bottle to fix mine yet :)

Regards

Mike
It doesn't stand out particularly well even against the light coloured parcel shelf so is not particularly readable

I would not want a white backgroung though, the clear is nice as I don't tend to like window stickers obscuring what is already quite limited rear visibiltiy

As I messed up my first one I chopped the Rover and MG Logos off and have stuck my remaining good one on the glass in front of the centre brake light.

Fairly invisible until I put the brake lights on then it is quite readable without obscuring the lights function in any way

Still not happy though just noticed another air bubble :-(

Thinks, if any more are made any chance of using the non self adhesive type of vinyl like on tax disk holders?
and how about one in a smaller size specificaly to go under the light? (didn't want to chop the logos off honest :) )

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
taichiman said:
anyone fixed one in a tourer ?
I have fitted 2 in my ZT-T, 1 either side of the wiper mechanism. No pics as yet as Beatrix is particularly dusty right now and the water board is letting the local supply run down the road into a drain but not letting me use a hosepipe. I think it will be a bucket and sponge job tonight. There are times that I envy hubby owning a little F....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts