MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this is the way its going to be with the MINI, minimal changes and evolving very slowly.

There is only so much you can do with the MINI design and shape. You just need to keep pace with the latest technology and offer small tweeks here and there.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I think this is the way its going to be with the MINI, minimal changes and evolving very slowly.

There is only so much you can do with the MINI design and shape. You just need to keep pace with the latest technology and offer small tweeks here and there.
But just how many can you sell? I was in a garage a few weeks ago filling up and was surrounded by at least 4 MINIs. VW are going to alter the next generation Beetle apparantly on these lines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PictureRagster_164.jpg

The originally MINI was good for 40 years so maybe not.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

Yep ,agree ,although I do prefer the pre-facelift styling ,I think this ones lost something.

I admit to being a fan of the MINI ,in spite of who owns it. It's been a phenomenal success story ,with no signs of letting up. Long may it continue.

Glad they're binning that awful rattly Brazilian lump which powered the old one.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a fan of the MINI too. BMW have to be commended for its success, and dedication to the UK workforce. The Mark 2's UK content is higher too, with the engine being built at Hams Hall.

And is the Diesel UK built too? At Dagenham, seeing as it is the Ford/PSA joint venture unit?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
And is the Diesel UK built too? At Dagenham, seeing as it is the Ford/PSA joint venture unit?
It will be excellent if it is.

Have to say ,Dagenhams another success story. I was really disappointed when car production stopped there ,but with Fords investment in the engine plant it looks like it will be employing many skilled people in manufacturing for a long long time to come :)

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be excellent if it is.

Have to say ,Dagenhams another success story. I was really disappointed when car production stopped there ,but with Fords investment in the engine plant it looks like it will be employing many skilled people in manufacturing for a long long time to come :)
If they don't sell the site to Disney ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts