MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:( i need help gettin a masssive key-scratch out my car door.. ive tried t-cut and its not worked at all just cleaned it up and made it more noticible any1 got any ideas?

pictures abit poor quality - taken on phone

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
It looks like it's gone down to the primer :(

Does your nail get caught when you rub over it?

If so, then you'll need to get some paint to touch it up. There's a guide on how to do it somewhere one here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah my nail will catch it=\. really annoyed only just noticed it 2day must be about a day or two old :\

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Without sounding stupid, my car somehow managed to get a few scrape lines on the lower right hand side of the bumper and was pretty deep as it reached the primer. I got a spray can from Halfords, masked off the area, stood well back and then sprayed the paint. I let it come out in a mist and just let the mist settle on top of the scratched area. Its a long process, but the paint mist finally settles into the scratch, smoothed itself into the area and now looks like nothing ever happened!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it is just one panel you would be looking at £200 for a good job, have you tried meguiars scratch-x it may mask it a bit, but you would be best going to a good body shop I reckon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really not got the money for a spray think ill try scratch-x and if not then try YTL2000's idea and if that dont work then i quess it'l have to stay =\

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ive got scratches all over mine! Really winds me up as with my Honda import it was spotless and if any scratches appeared it'd really do mu nut in!

Anyways, with the R25 im leaving it and saving for a full "blow over" - It seems as if the person who had it before me has constantly parked it in hedges etc... Scratches to the lacquer all over, espesh on the bumpers and quarter panels :( Some deep scratches on the roof too and one big'un on the bonnet! SO gonna save and get the lacquer re-done all over and the deep scratches sorted properly! Then, and only then, will i fork out for coilovers and some new, very VERY light weight alloys :D (bit of a secret project mwuhuhahaha :p )

Anyways £200 seems about right for getting a full panel sorted properly! Maybe you'll just have to put up with it till you wanna spend that amount to get it sorted!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Ouch...

go to halfords as they have set prices for these repairs (largest scratches which can include upto a whole panel = £135) Dont worry the muppets that work there don't do it Shine do it. They are mobile van people

Had scuffs sprayed out with chips away and can recommend them - Am having the mess I made of my rear quarter fixed on the 23rd yay

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
That repair is bloody amazing considering it didnt include a spray gun...

I saw in halfrauds they sell the minature spray guns for £40, shame I have no compressor or room as its a real art I'd like to master

1 - 13 of 13 Posts