MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are various threads about this, but i don't want to hijack one with my question: :D

Just got a car insurance quote from Admiral.co.uk for the ZR.

I'm 25 had 1 claim in October 2004 which had to go down as my fault even though it wasn't.
Now bearing in mind my age, and the fact that i had to make a claim, they have just quoted me £320 Fully comp for 12 months cover! :eek:

Currently insured with directline, have been for the last 5 years as they have been miles cheaper than anyone else. This year they have quoted over £600 so twice as much! :err: No figure.

Also found out from the nice person at Admiral, that my ZR has gone up an Insurance group this year. I thought once they were issued a group, it stayed the same for the life of the car???

Is that wrong then? Also, what about the quote, cracking price i think?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've just done an online quote on Admiral's website. They're nearly double Directline's quote for me on my 200 Vi. I'm 27, and will have 6 years NCB on renewal. One claim .... not at fault. £680ish Admiral, £350ish Directline (both with protected NCB). Quite the opposite for me. I'm guessing you ZR isn't a 160? If it is then your quote is ultra cheap.

·
Registered
mg_zr
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing you ZR isn't a 160?
Nope. 105+. Last year though, my first renewal year after my knock, Directline were the cheapest by a country mile, and that was just over £700!!!

·
Registered
mg_zr
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
call directline and tell them what admiral will do it you for, they might match it
Ha ha, tried that at lunchtime. They don't offer a price match apparently. :confused:

Oh well, their loss i guess. :happy:

·
Registered
812 Posts
CJZR105+ said:
Also found out from the nice person at Admiral, that my ZR has gone up an Insurance group this year. I thought once they were issued a group, it stayed the same for the life of the car???
It's possible that Rovers and MGs will have their groups changed as the availability of spare parts drops, because the insurance companies will effectively have to write off the car when all it needs is a minor repair, but no part is available. So to cover their increased costs they will need to increase premiums. I already know there's one insurer that now won't insure Rovers for the same reason. :(

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
calibrax said:
It's possible that Rovers and MGs will have their groups changed as the availability of spare parts drops, because the insurance companies will effectively have to write off the car when all it needs is a minor repair, but no part is available. So to cover their increased costs they will need to increase premiums. I already know there's one insurer that now won't insure Rovers for the same reason. :(
Also surely they look at accident statistics? If lots of ZR's are crashing and costing them money, they will re-evaluate the car.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
CJZR105+ said:
I know there are various threads about this, but i don't want to hijack one with my question: :D

Just got a car insurance quote from Admiral.co.uk for the ZR.

I'm 25 had 1 claim in October 2004 which had to go down as my fault even though it wasn't.
Now bearing in mind my age, and the fact that i had to make a claim, they have just quoted me £320 Fully comp for 12 months cover! :eek:

Currently insured with directline, have been for the last 5 years as they have been miles cheaper than anyone else. This year they have quoted over £600 so twice as much! :err: No figure.

Is that wrong then? Also, what about the quote, cracking price i think?
It's because your 25 and over now, you'll fall into a different risk band, used to work in insurance and you'd see idiots with 3 or 4 fault claims, multiple convictions for no insurance get stupidly cheap quotes whilst safe 21 year old drivers who've been driving since 17 get shafted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts