MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title, i have buggered the central locking on the passenger door. What happened was when i was putting my door card back on the door pin slipped back under the card as i was pushing it back down on to the door. So now when i manually pull or push the pin it doesn't seem to want to unlock the door. IE i can't open it from inside. It works fine when i use the key fob or drivers side pin to lock or un lock the door. It just seems that the pin doesn't filck the switch on the lock unit. Any ideas anyone if this is fixable.

Hope this makes sense. :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,270 Posts
Assuming the "pin" or sill button is moving OK and you have assembled the door trim OK, a couple of questions:
1. What car is it?
2. Did you mess with the wiring - even unintentionally.

If you unscrewed the button and did not screw it back on enough it may be prevented from moving all the way to the unlocked position. If it si a headed knob, then you may have screwed it on too far or the door trim is not fully down.
Take the door trim off and see if it works then. If so, make sure that when you push the trim down, the button does not move with it!

If you still have the problem then it is likely to be electrical:

The crimp connectors that join the wires form the latch to the door harness have a nasty habit of losing contact. You can fix this by removing each pin form the connector coming form the latch - fiddly with a small screwdriver, and giving the wire crimps a tighten or better still soldering.

Alternatively, the wires attached to the switch in the actuator have come adrift. This may be dismantled and repaired. Fiddly but possible.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Count yourself lucky...
<<<<<<<<<<<<This numpty...

Managed to do something similar with drivers door...
Except couldnt open from inside or out...
Man that wasnt funny at the time!!

Open door from outside, take door card off, its likely to be quite obvious?

There are lots of rods and things, id say take the motor out, and put it all back in again, its quite easy with haynes manual.
Might see something you havent been able to spot doing it this way.
Its easy to disconnect them all, and reconnect for that matter!

·
Registered
rover_25
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a Rover 25, defo not electrics as i didn't touch them, just managed to feck it when putting door card back on. so anyone any idea how much a new unit is with the door pin and rod bit. i did have a look and it looks like i have lossened or damged the the end of the door pin rod that attaches to the locking unit. :(

·
Registered
rover_25
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
michaelperrin said:
Count yourself lucky...
<<<<<<<<<<<<This numpty...

Managed to do something similar with drivers door...
Except couldnt open from inside or out...
Man that wasnt funny at the time!!

Open door from outside, take door card off, its likely to be quite obvious?

There are lots of rods and things, id say take the motor out, and put it all back in again, its quite easy with haynes manual.
Might see something you havent been able to spot doing it this way.
Its easy to disconnect them all, and reconnect for that matter!
Mikey, it was from when i was trying to put that b4stard little plastic grommet back on the pin. fecking thing has got worse. Was quite funny yesterday watching the missus trying to get out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.