MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a stroke of luck, a bit of cash and being in the right place at the right time - my 12mth old Canon EOS350D is up for sale.

It has taken less than 800 shots and is in perfect order, like all my gadgets!

It also has the additional BG-E3 battery grip, making the camera more 'substantial' to hold, both in the portrait and landscape orientations, not to mention the enhanced battery life, when using 6 x AA cells in the grip. I have never run out of power.

I have used both my Sigma 18-200mm lens and my Canon 70-200mm F4 L lens with this camera and have taken some great shots.

It comes complete and boxed with all driver discs, connectivity cables, charger and instructions. The standard kit lens (EFS 18-55mm) is included.

You will need a suitable CompactFlash card for the camera.

Offers invited - collection in person preferred, delivery can be arranged.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
oooh, was looking at one of them! What put me off was the 40D is apparently just around the corner.

I'll either get a 400D or a cut price 30D when the 40D comes out.

Or a Nikon D40x, as it takes SD cards which both mine and Kerries laptops have slots for and in reviews it appears jsut as good as the 400D.

·
Registered
438 Posts
oooh, was looking at one of them! What put me off was the 40D is apparently just around the corner.

I'll either get a 400D or a cut price 30D when the 40D comes out.

Or a Nikon D40x, as it takes SD cards which both mine and Kerries laptops have slots for and in reviews it appears jsut as good as the 400D.
30D's are being discounted everywhere at the moment as the new batch of 10meg DSLR's are highlighting the 30D's age related features. BUT it is a very good camera and will continue to be for a few years yet, my OH has a 350D and I have a 400D and having access to the Nikon D40 and considering the specs and reviews for the D40x I see no reason to choose one over the Canon.

Come on people, if you are looking for a great handling digital SLR you really will not go wrong with Dave's Eos 350D, they are a great first DSLR and the standard kit lens gives great results.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for the fact I was after a 30D myself, I'd buy it. Was after a 400D, but the low light level performance of the 30D is way better than the 400D.

I suspect they're being discounted heavily as the 40D isn't far off. tbh, 8.2 is still really a huge jump from the 3meg I'm currently using with my 602Z.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts