MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up next, the top of the Americas... Canada

Scene of my all time favourite and superbly entertaining GP race not so long ago.. :)

OK .. this track is famous for a certain ... key feature. So who of the current 22 on the grid, on recent form, is most likely to do his impersonation of this old school entertainer ?....

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were Sebs team thinking off????? Lost him the race I think.
Precisely. I got 9-1 Vettel to lead on the first lap with the recent tardy starts of the Merc boys in mind. Good eh.

Some folks talk about Hamilton's bad luck or the conspiracy theory. If he had a tenth of the bad luck Button, Ricciardo and Vettel have had this season so far he and they would have a point!

There's some really poisonous fan-boys over on some so called F1 enthusiasts' threads.

I backed two Drivers in the race and they finished 1st and 2nd. Had his pit crew not made what appeared to just about everyone bar his team a bad move, I think Vettel would have been top of the podium. I would have been a few quid better off too but, I doubled my pre-race bet on Hamilton "in running" as when it looked like a Vettel win, much better odds were available on Hamilton at that time. Then the premature pit stop and all change. Even so, when it looked like Vettel would catch Hamilton, good odds were briefly available again on the English driver. Good to celebrate British success occasionally.

Nearly had a better British/England success against Russia to. Not seen England play so well as a team for ages. Very cruel twist of fate that late equaliser. Definitely a "We was robbed" scenario. Them's the breaks.

How can Vettel keep a straight face when responding to questions like that. he must be really biting his tongue trying to keep a straight face or even smile... :)

Over on a Fan-boy riddled F1 Web Site, conspiracy theories about knobbling Hamilton's cars have disappeared.... for the time being... :rofl: I wonder why. Not a mention about Rosberg's sudden below par cars.

Right, I'm off to spread another conspiracy rumour. :stir: :stir: More mirth :rofl:

Edit to add @ 21.26

If you missed the action, highlights of the race on CH4 around 10:40 I believe .

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max Verstappen, he's been keeping safety barrier workers in employment a lot recently.:laugh:
Wary of what could have been renamed the "Max Wall" ... for those that remember that funny entertainer... :D... Max drove a good race today. His more highly regarded team mate well behind... More conspiracy theories maybe.... :stir:... :laugh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lewis great day today good luck for tomorrow whatever happens, if Nico wins he is no way better than you the world knows who is the better driver.

Cheers

Mike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts