MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a 53 plate 105 and the immobiliser light wont go off at all been told the alarm control module is naff, is there anyway u can total remove the alarm system off the car ? help needed ASAP thanks daz..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there anyway i can bypass the immobiliser then or is it a new alarm module it used to just take ages to turn the red light on the clocks but nw stuck on?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
is there anyway i can bypass the immobiliser then or is it a new alarm module it used to just take ages to turn the red light on the clocks but nw stuck on?
Have you tried another fob because your fob battery could be flat.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have tried a new battery in the fob .. i have been using the key to open the door as the fob would nt open the car and central locking nt wrking . so there no way of switching the immobiliser side off ...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
only the drivers door will open with the key.

Im not sure about the zr someone will have to confirm but the r200 has a function called EKA which means a 4 digit code can be entred using the driver door lock. If the code is correct the alarm LED will go off and the engine can be started.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
only the drivers door will open with the key.

Im not sure about the zr someone will have to confirm but the r200 has a function called EKA which means a 4 digit code can be entred using the driver door lock. If the code is correct the alarm LED will go off and the engine can be started.
I smell me a ****** boot wiring loom....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers peeps so if the split and shorting out does that caus the fob nt too wrk and immobliser light staying on ?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
The alarm ecu on the later cars is not very good imo, is yours a facelift model ? You can still enter the EKA and switch off the fobs on either model

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no not the facelift model its a 53 plate i will check those wires first in boot
could be a start . i take it u need to programme the new alarm ecu to the engine one ?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Yes mate the alarm ecu is matched to the fuel ecu.Maybe worth hunting down the aerial lead in the loom and extend it out to improve the receiver range ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is it rite the ecu down behind the glovebox and if it nt the wires in boot loom i will go for that are the new ecu's dear?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts