MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My dad has a 620 SLi and he is having problems with the alarm going off all the time. I take it its probably a door sensor gone faulty. Hes not really bothered about having the alarm functioning, so is there anyway of disconecting it.

I looked in the handbook and saw a fuse for the alarm,took it out but all it stopped was the horn from working. I unplugged the second horn for the time being so he dont have to keep getting up in the middle of the night to turn it off or leave the car unlocked like he has been doing for the last couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance

Jon.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
It would be a LOT easier to fix the problem with the door switch than disable the alarm. Remove them all and give them a good excerside and dose of WD40 and see if that cures the fault.

Also if you disable the alarm chances are your insurance won't pay out if the car is stolen.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The place that fitted my Toad alarm, not long after I got the car, disabled the OE alarm, but they knew which wires to cut, since the new alarm was linked in with the existing immobiliser iirc so they knew which wires to cut! lol!

If its a faulty door switch, a trip to a local breakers might be a worthwhile expedition...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts