MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just take a moment & would hope other would join me in this moment to sit back and respect the noise of the K-series, now I have had other cars and removed air intakes, had 57i's, drilled holes but there really ahsnt been another engine that grunts quite as amazingly as the K-series. Yes I only have the 1.6 version and i am sure all those 1.8 people will have even more grunt. But just as a new comer to the K-series engine, I cannot believe the how nice that engine sounds when it can breathe. Pisses all over the fords vauxhalls and citreons with induction kits. RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
perhaps, with an induction kit and at full chat. But i'd much rather have the quiet, unobtrusive 'noise' of a vauxhall, VW, Audi etc for driving around town. I think the K series really shows it's age in the sound department for normal driving, even more so in the ZS with little sound proofing and the bigger exhaust.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I like the noise I get from the induction kit, but I don't like the noise the exhaust makes at the front. Even though it's not blowing it sounds as though it is.
That front pipe is too long and makes the gases reverberate inside.

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
i Just took my car for a little burn and i love the sound it makes i turned off my stereo and just listen to the roar and all i have is he exhaust

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
glennroy said:
i Just took my car for a little burn and i love the sound it makes i turned off my stereo and just listen to the roar and all i have is he exhaust
Yeh, but I bet you aint got the standard Rover pea shooter on the back tho Glennroy...lol.

·
Registered
702 Posts
must agree :) i got the X-power twins on mine and just love it to bits, tho yes you do get some vibe from the pipes. at least my 1.8 does.

I like the sounds the K makes induction wise, i tested it out with a Green cone filter and it sounds amazing, but i went down the enclosed route , rather have performance than sound anyday. even its that tiny little bit you get :p

G

·
Personally I think the K series is coarse and noisey. It needs to be masked with insulation or exhaust noise!

T series is so much smoother and sweeter.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
I love the noise mine makes.
It grumbles around town, I often find myself winding the windows down and going through tunnels and narrow roads just to hear it more! :cloud9:

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Schtopper said:
perhaps, with an induction kit and at full chat. But i'd much rather have the quiet, unobtrusive 'noise' of a vauxhall, VW, Audi etc for driving around town. I think the K series really shows it's age in the sound department for normal driving, even more so in the ZS with little sound proofing and the bigger exhaust.
something strikes me as being a bit silly about that post, surely if you wanted refined and comfortable you should have gone for the 45??? instead of the stiffened and more rough and ready zs altho i know what one i would have :p

i had a 216 before me vi and loved it, that engine is amazing, yeah yeah so what if it has a few design problems, i'd like to challenge you to find another car for the same money with the same displacement that can keep up :p, other than a civic vtec :iwstupid: that's another class :cloud9:

but me vi on the other had i love even more, the power and the kick you get as you pass 4k rpm is lurevly, only thing with the vvc is that you find your very quickly into 3 figure speeds which is a little naughty :minxy:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
something strikes me as being a bit silly about that post, surely if you wanted refined and comfortable you should have gone for the 45???
There's nothing silly about it at all, i should have done more research into buying my car instead of buying on impulse. I liked the ZS when it first came out, it looked the part but to be fair i knew nothing about them, so when it came to buying a new car and realised i could afford one i went for a look and bought it there and then.
However since owning it and having been in a variety of cars since i've realised a 'sporty' car doesn't have to sound harsh and like a can of marbles. I do enjoy the sporty feel of the handling of the ZS but i've come to the conclusion that seen as i mainly do motorway driving i'm porbably better suited to a more comfortable car.

Would i buy the same car back then if i'd known what i knew now? No, will I buy a ZS again? No.

Also if i was after comfort and refinement i wouldn't buy a MGR at all and certainly not a 45, there are much better cars out there for the money (IMO).
Every post i've made recently makes me sound like i hate my car, which isn't true at all, i still think it looks good, it certainly handles well for the price of the car and for a 1.8 it doesn't have bad performance (with very good economy, 420 miles to a tank ain't bad). However i've just come to realise that for me a different manufacturer probably would have been better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts