MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i havent got a lot of money i usually keep away from Rover Dealers for my Servicing and Repairs, because i am fully aware of there obscene over inflated labour charges etc.

But on the other hand i assume they know the Rover motor car inside out as i am sure that despite overcharging I assume they should know what they are doing.

I have a small problem with my clutch pedal, basically it is much, much too high, several inches above the brake pedal, making it very uncomfortable to get my foot on it, i have asked a few of the "cheap" variety garages but they havent got a clue as to the cure, somebody on here mentioned one of the servos which are found hiding under the bnonnet, but none of these garages know what i am talking about !.

So is there hope of getting it fixed at a Rover garage ?, but WHICH ONE, does anyone know one that they can recomend in the Bedford - Milton Keynes area please.

The petrol consumption has also been getting worse as well, therefore is a Rover garage the place to go for a computer generated read out of errors ?????, i know of a back street garage in my town that has one, i guess the read out from this for £20 would be EACTLY the same as the £60 spent at the Rover garage.

tim

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
~Two options:

1. CD Bramall MG Rover in Aylesbury (my dealer). ring 01296 610000 and ask for Charles Sawtrey, the service bod. He should at least tell you over the phone whether it is a common issue and what might need doing..................or

2. Jackson and Phillips. Hi quality independent in Leighton Buzzard who I can recommend. Ring 01525 372650 and ask for the service manager. They are very helpful and know their stuff. A bit cheaper than a dealer, and very customer focused.

hth

Mike

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
ps. Also do post your problem on the Ask the Gurus board here. you'll likely be told exactly what it is and what is needed to cure it :)

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks MikeM, i just happen to work in leighton buzzard so Jackson and Philips sounds a good place to start, thanks and i didnt know about the "ask the guru" section thanks a lot for that as well.

tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts