MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, as i mentioned before, i had to change K16 1.4 engine head. I managed to find the head only with mechanical belt tensioner. Also i changed the belt and the tensioner(they are ment for mechanical tensioning). Ewerything works. But there is one problem. With the original automatic tensioner the belt (they are ment for automatical tensioning) was in center of camshaft gears. Now, it's on the edge of them. Are the camshaft gears also different from manual tensioned head? What part is in charge of cambelt centring? Maybe anyone has a foto of manual tensioned engine, where i can see manual tensioner, camshaft's and belt drive? Also, what force do i have to use to tighten the oil sump and big end bearings?
Drawing:

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
There are two versions of the K16 head, one uses a manually adjusted tensioner and the cambelt is 23mm wide. The other version uses an automatically adjusted tensioner and the cambelt is 26mm wide.

Cambelts and tensioners are not interchangeable between these cylinder heads.

The camshaft gears are the same for both versions of the cylinder head.

It seems like you have possibly used the wrong cambelt.

Big end bolts: 20Nm + 45 degree.

Sump bolts: 10Nm.

·
Registered
rover_45
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, technozen. Yes, now i have new manual tensioner and cambelt for the manual tensioner. 23mm width.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts